Waste After Christmas Meal - What Will You Do With The Left Overs?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by littlewitch66 • Dec 26, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well we had no party this time, so nothing leftover. But if I face something like this then either I will give it to some animal or give it to someone who is in the need and hungry. Surely wasting that much food is not good. There are many sources which we can use and stop wasting of food.

2. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    We actually cooked a couple of meals in our family for two sides of the family,so they could each get the meal items that they wanted for Christmas. I think after Christmas, nobody really wants to cook much in the family-and you really look forward to some rest from cooking so much in the days to follow. The more you cook though on Christmas day, the more creative ideas and food items you have to work with for dinner in the following days-so it does give you more variety in the days that follow, if you cook alot of food up on Christmas.

3. Kiama

KiamaMember

Threads:
    All left over food be it on Christmas or during other normal days of the year should not be wasted. I personally do not waste any left over because I think of some street children or people in dry areas who have one or no meal in a day. First of all you should cook food that is just enough to avoid left overs and if there are left overs put them in the fridge and warm the next day and if you don't want to do that then wrap the left over food hygienically with a clean paper or foil and put in out on the trash can. You might actually bless someone with a meal.

4. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    Hi Alexandoy,
    I can relate to you. we celebrate our Christmas in the province the last 25th of December 2017. Since it was also a family reunion at the same time, there are enormous of leftover foods given to us before we went home in the city. In fact, I was able to share it with my neighbor. Like you, the Christmas leftover foods save my money for 3 days.

5. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    My left overs get used up for dinners and snacks afterwards. Some of it goes in the freezer and some of it is used in sandwiches. I live on my own and often cook a roast dinner on a Sunday. I make a tray full of veggies and it lasts me a few days.