Want To Get In Comic Book Business, Where Should I Invest

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by NinetyEighty1 • Nov 14, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I wish to become a comic book writer and very soon. The problem is I am having a bit of trouble deciding on where I should start. I was thinking of trying to invest into a website that will help advertise my business and even help critique my work. I thought about Fiverr since it is cheap and convenient but are there any other options you all would suggest to get this type of business started at a fair budget?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a short story author at smashwords.com where they do publish comics. Everything is totally free to publish and they give you an ISBN number too, but don't know if it applies to comics

. Here is more information about publication:

. Start here first till you do research about it until all your questions are answered. I watch anime on Cartoon channel every Sat. where manga is made into anime. I really like Naruto, lol at my age, I'm a Senior Citizen, so you can see that it's a bid audience. This I don't know anything about manga into anime. There must be books or somewhere on the www about it. Good luck. the people at smashwords.com do answer your queries, and all you need is a paypal.com acct. which is free as an option to get paid. Check it out, see if you like it. I found an article about ISBN and comics:

Good luck! Writers are very needed in this world.

3. NinetyEighty1

Threads:
    @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe Wow, thanks for the link, I wasn't even aware of this website. It looks similar to amazon, I hopefully will be able to get more questions answered and use this website to make a bit of extra cash. Thank you again, you have greatly expanded my resources to writing, I really appreciate it. :)

#3Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2017
  4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @NinetyEighty1@NinetyEighty1 :)You are very welcome. It's fun when you begin your writing career. Get all your tax information in gears too. A business license for writers in Hawaii is just a flat $20 and pay semi annual taxes by the 24th of the due month. Hawaii has free e-file for business. You got to decide whether you want to go LLC or Sole Proprietor too. Best way is to check your home State's laws and information like a .gov site for current and accurate information about business license for your career and tax information, State, City & County and Federal taxes information too. Check with your accountant about what kind of business license you should get.

Check out your copyright laws too.

or:

I've found this site about everything current for comics :

Good luck and happy successful creating and profits!

#4Nov 15, 2017
  5. NinetyEighty1

Threads:
    Care to elaborate why? Did you have some sort of bad experience with the website? I for one think it is a very useful and convenient website to use for those who make money and those who are in need of professionals for a good price. If you have any other suggestion, I'd love to here them.

#5Nov 18, 2017