Walt Disney World Time-Saver Survival Tip

Discussion in Travel started by niceness8000 • Aug 6, 2012.

1. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    Hello ALL,

As an avid traveler to Walt Disney World in Orlando, I've noticed a few mistakes WDW visitors make all the time.

I'm going to share one of those mistakes with you now:

Wait for it . . .

Use the "FastPass" option.

For some reason, most people go to Walt Disney World and don't take advantage of these pseudo-tickets. It's a free way that you can avoid waiting on the long lines. You simply go to the Fastpass station (located somewhere near your ride of choice), you put your admission ticket into the FastPass dispenser, and out comes your FastPass.

Your Fastpass will give you a time to return to the ride, say between 12:00pm and 1:00pm. It gives you an hour window to return during that appointed time. When you come back to the ride at that time, get in the FastPass line. You'll wait 10 to 15 minutes on the FastPass line instead of an hour or more on the regular line.

This is a free service offered at all of the Disney World parks. Get your FastPass early if you are going on a busy day, as they are limited. And you'll have to wait about 45 minutes after you've gotten your first fastpass to get a second fastpass for another attraction.

2. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    Thank you so much for such a great tip. I use the fast passes at places like Six Flags but didn't know that WDW had the same option. I am hoping to plan a trip there soon and I will definitely take advantage of the Fast pass since I hate waiting in lines lol

3. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    Hey, it makes me feel good if I helped you at all. if you happen to have any other questions about WDW or other things to do in Orlando, please let me know. I can probably send you a list so long, that you wouldn't have time to do everything:cool:

4. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't know they had the fast pass option the first time I went to WDW's Magic Kingdom. My family and I waited for an hour for Space Mountain. We found out about them after waiting on that line. We could've practically walked right on the line instead of waiting all that time. I wished I knew before that. I went back since then and grabbed as many as I could over the course of the day for the rides that have the longer lines (you can only get one at a time, but then after an hour you can get another one). They are well worth getting!