Visiting Countries With Poor Economy

Discussion in Travel started by luri • Aug 22, 2017.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Country with poor economy does not mean it does not any thing for the travellers. Have you realized, if you visit the country with poor economy you will save a lot of money in travel. For example, if you travel to India, you will spend less compared to traveling in Japan. India is small economy compared to Japan. Therefore, Japan is more expensive than India.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is not to underestimate Thailand but I find the cost of living there is very cheap. In fact, we had an excess baggage when going home from Bangkok due to the cheap clothing items. Right now I am in Jakarta and it looks like another cheap country. Just arrived last night so it is my first time to roam and check this city.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well it does seem inherently risky, but I would imagine that they are all not the same and it would depend on some other factors. Couple with some civil unrest or unpopular dictatorship though, then you have plenty of reasons to stay away.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I have traveler's soul, so... Anywhere in the world there is something new to introduce myself and the financial situation is not - in any way - an implicating factor if I really want to visit the place.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    They say some of the prices at staying in the greek islands have come way down since the economy is having a bit of difficulty lately-but stay away from the still pricey islands of Santorini and Mykonos. They say pick one of the cheaper islands like Paros or Skiathos -I think It may be a good time to catch a ferry to one of these smaller unknown islands?

6. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Japan is incredibly exciting (I've been there.). It's definitely worth the extra money. However, though, that's not saying India and other places aren't as interesting. However, though, the scene in poorer nations can be dangerous - mainly because your a tourist and the place has too much poverty (No offense if anyone took what I said the wrong way.).

7. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    India can be expensive depending on where you choose to go. If you choose to go in areas where there is a lot of development then your cost would be as good as you're travelling in US. Only the old and underdeveloped regions in India are cheap to travel and stay. Same goes for any other nation in Asia. Japan is expensive as it is and there seems to be less tourist interest for that country. It's too crowded too.

8. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    When my cousin came to visit my country from the US she was surprised how cheap everything was compared to the US. Although many things do have the same price as the US most cost half the price or we wouldn't be able to buy a thing because of the bad payment we receive. The reason we do survive even with the poor economy is the rent is ten times cheaper than the US.

9. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    In poor economies, people purchase cheap everything. Even the cars they purchase are those that have smaller engine capacity, which leads to lower fuel consumption hence lower transport costs. I have seen countries that use even motorbikes and bicycles to carry people from place to place at very affordable fee. In some occasions, people walk on foot up to many kilometers away and end up not spending anything.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My country India is considered a third world country but it has so many travel friendly places with such a price that is simply unimaginable for most of you. We are a country with three sides surrounded by sea and Himalayas in the fourth. I have heard westerners saying that they can live in India for 6 months for what they save in six months in their own country.

11. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Going to a developing nation (or a poorer area in the UK etc.) but being trapped in tourist zones for fear of safety can be a problem - as you cannot experience the culture. But really, if you hang with the right crowd, going out into the everyday culture is no big deal. I really feel if you don't, your getting shortchanged.

12. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I think some economies are relatively poor and expensive at the same time depending on the location you go to. Yes things could be cheaper though and you'll still have the opportunity to be thrilled by the country and some preserved qualities they've got that's free from westernization.

13. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I did not mean traveling to the countries where there is unrest. I mean traveling to poor economies in Asia, Africa even some Eurpoean countries. India offers lot of thing, if you travel to India you will save a lot of money compared to traveling to France. Living cost in the UK is more than in Greece. Greece offers a lot of things, yet it is cheaper than the UK.

14. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Not all 3rd world countries are unsafe. I will rather go to Uruguay than Detroit or New York. Aside from the cheap cost of living, people will respect you more. Also a country that has been attacked by terrorist few years ago is sometimes safer. Bali Indonesia have better security after experiencing an attack.

15. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    You can not generalize that all thrid world countries are unsafe or dangerous since even in some you can find safe and secure .

16. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think visiting developing countries can be less expensive, but as you said, there are some rural places in developed countries that don't cost us much too. Moreover, I think there are many interesting or historical places to visit in those developing countries or rural places, and we might feel more relaxed travelling to these places too.

17. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    This must be fascinating and quite appealing for having such a good time.