Vintage Vehicles - Can They Save You Money?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Jason76 • Nov 15, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    They would seem to be a drain. In fact, an expensive object for amusement like a pony or something. However, I could be wrong. I mean, for instance, could someone's 50s T-Bird be a money-saver? Well, it might have value for show. In that case, perhaps it could be profitable.

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don’t think that most people would purchase a vintage automobile as a way to save money. For one thing, they didn’t get very good gas mileage. In the 1950-1960’s, gas was somewhere between 13-19 cents per gallon, big powerful engines were the reage, and no one cared if their vehicle only got 10 mpg.
    Parts for these vintage vehicles are terribly hard to come by, and expensive when you can find them. Most people that buy these older cars have enough money to purchase the car as a hobby, and only drive them in parades or car shows usually.
    I think that a person might save ones buying an older used car, because you can pay cash for the car, and not have a monthly payment +interest that makes the car cost a lot more than just the sales price. You will have maintenance in any car that you own, but with a new car, you have to take it in for required checkups every few months, regardless, and with an older car, you only do that when the car actually need repair work done to it.
    Of course, a new car should be a lot less likely to need repair; but by the time you calumny in all of the payments, interest, insurance, and scheduled maintenance, you can afford to have quite a bit of repair work done for an older (but dependable) vehicle.