Vinegar for Cleaning

Discussion in Home & Garden started by soultakerkage • Oct 24, 2014.

1. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never thought about using vinegar for cleaning but I have read a lot saying that the vinegar is quite good for cleaning. But I hate the smell of vinegar as I find it quite pungent.

2. Cory Jenkins

Cory JenkinsBanned

Threads:
    Add a teaspoon of liquid detergent and white vinegar in lukewarm water. You can use it to remove non-oily stains from carpets.

3. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I like to use vinegar a lot when I am cleaning I really think that it is good when it comes to cleaning but the only problem that I have with it is that it has this really harsh smell that can sometimes give me a slight headache. Other than that thought I think that it is a really great cleaning agent.

4. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    It works great. You can also add lemon or orange to it to bring down the scent a bit. It also helps with the cleaning process. I've heard some people put a little essential oil in it to make it smell better, but I am not sure how well it works. Another cleaning solution mix you can try is lemon and baking soda mix. You only squeeze a little lemon onto the baking soda to make a paste. Works well for scouring and cleaning. Here is a link to a site that talks about natural cleaners and how to make and use them.

5. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    The bitterness of vinegar due to the active principle in it, acetic
    acid is the power behind its disinfectant qualities. Unlike most other
    disinfectants, its cheap and non-toxic and can even be used to clean
    kitchens and utensils due to the additional advantage of being water
    soluble.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I always have to have some vinegar on hand and the more you go the more you realize that it is good for a lot of different things. I have been using it in the dishwasher for a long time, but these are all good other uses too.