Using The Internet When On Vacation

Discussion in Misc & Others started by littlewitch66 • Jul 28, 2017.

1. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Well, my vacation would always be to my hometown which is a village and there is a connectivity issue. So, I will take a complete break from the online work through out the vacation and enjoy the fresh air, petting animals, going to places and much more fun things to do. I will spend time with my grandparents because we will meet them only once in a year.Only when there is an utmost need I will switch on my mobile data and use it. I hope you are having a wonderful vacation @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 :)

2. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I need internet, it is as important as food because I use internet to do my work. Since I use internet to work, I want to be online always. Therefore, when I am on vacation, I will always look for the ways to get connected. I will always choose a hotel or a resturant whee free wifi is available.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I must say I am really so unlucky i this matter although I am all for net-detoxification but due to my job's nature I have to listen to my customers because they are my bread and butter. However, I try my best to stay away from all unnecessary online activities whenever I have the opportunity or on personal trips with my wife and enjoy the nature as much as possible. I almost cut-off from internet and keep my activities to voice calls and an occasional email check.

4. zolzarr

zolzarrMember

Threads:
    When I go for vacation, I will purchase some form of prepaid data. It's important to stay connected for me as I need to make myself accessible to my colleagues even during holidays in case of emergencies. Most of the time, they will not contact me if I am on vacation unless some important matter needs immediate attention.

While I am on vacation, I will need the internet data so that I can maneuver around using GPS. It is also great to be able to make some video calls when necessary. Therefore, I do require Internet services when I am on vacation.

5. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Excitement always fills my heart everytime I think of going new places and visiting my home town where I was born. It's good once in a while to unwind and forget all the city troubles and just relax and enjoy nature and the people. So as much as possible I try to keep away from the usual things I do in the city like using my smartphone to check on things. I just enjoy, and that's the purpose of a vacation really, to enjoy and be worry free.

6. zolzarr

zolzarrMember

Threads:
    I wished that I can actually go on vacation being worry free. However, I am still facing some challenges in doing so. We have some sort of a commitment as employees at my workplace to make ourselves available to answer calls or messages when urgent things arises. Most of the time, they will not contact us but it is good to make sure we have Internet access to contact people for work or personal reasons.

7. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    [QTE="littlewitch66, post: 252088, member: 21110"]I am going on vacation today where there will be limited internet. There will be hotspots but I'm going to try and take a complete break while I'm away and get out there and do things in the real world. I will probably save on my internet bill too!

I can't believe how much I've come to depend on social media over the last 10 years and I'm pertty sure I'm going to miss it. How do you feel when you are away from home and can't check all your online accounts?[/QUOTE]

It's the worst feeling I have ever come to experience. Being away from internet connection, inability to use my phone or gadgets to access my online account makes me feel like I am dead inside. In fact I would call it pure addiction because I can't stay a day without internet access. It's the worst pain of my life.

The only place I normally experience this is when I travel to see my grandparents in the village. We have limited or poor service provider and as a result, internet access is highly difficult if not impossible. This makes me find it difficult traveling to the village because I know what I am going to witness once I embark on such journey.

I simply cannot stay or live without internet connection, it's part of me, my life and everything.

8. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    The net gets a bit old. In fact, it's nice to have a vacation from it. However, though, if you must have it, for your cell or laptop, then it's pretty much free for travelers, at least in the US. I mean, most fast food places have wi-fi and so do motels and libraries. Also, libraries normally have a few desktops available for public use.

9. butterflow

butterflowNew Member

Threads:
    If you need internet for work purposes, then I can imagine that not having access to the web can be frustrating, however, when I go on holiday my main purpose is to get away from it all and relax, take in the atmosphere and generally have a good time.

On holiday I only really use the internet to let my family back home know that I have arrived and to send a few photos of the places that I have visited.

10. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I won't miss the internet that much since I will usually be preoccupied with going to the place and exploring it. I will not be deprived of having an internet connection because I'm always registered to an internet promo.

11. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    That is a good idea, you will save a few bucks not using the Internet while you are there, besides the reason why we all go on a vacation is to disconnect from the real world, I usually try not to use the television, Internet, my cell phone while I am on a vacation because I feel the need to relax and enjoy the nature!
    Have fun on your vacation!

12. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I used to think I might feel uneasy when there is no Internet access, especially when I am online almost the whole day. When I went back to my home town, there was no Internet access, and I did not even think of the online stuff at all, as I was busy playing with my kids or sometimes other kids, helping my mother-in-law if possible and getting rest as much as possible. Even if I have nothing else to do, I read a book or crochet. Now even I have my data plan with my mobile phone and I can easily go online wherever I go, I still don't connect to Internet often when I am away from home. I feel like I am really enjoying my vacation when I am away from home.