Using Sun Energy To Heat Your Bathing Water.

Discussion in Heating started by lucykey • Oct 14, 2017.

1. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    Sun energy is a natural and free source of energy that we use without paying for any penny. But due to the fact of it's availability also do we make any use of it. And even the invention of the various sources of heating water, people of the old age would use the sun energy to warm their bathing water. I frequently use it when I'm not in hurry though it takes a lot of time to warm.

How about you guys do you prefer the sun energy to warm your bathing water and if so how often?

2. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Not everyone has the benefits of having a bright and sunny weather especially in places where the sun's light isn't much hot compare to the tropical ones. But making use of the sun's free energy in this way is really an ingenious way and very practical. There are inventions made to heat water by using the power coming from the sun and I've seen some of them but not actually tried one because they are expensive.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would do it if I could. I do have a skylight in my house, but it is not aimed directly at the bath tub. It is really more for decoration and letting light into the room. It is not a solar panel. It is a nice touch though and I like my skylight. It is quite pleasant.

4. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Well it's a without a question that using solar energy is far more beneficial to the environment and affordable but it requires direct sun.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I really do not use the sunshine for my shower yet-but I woud like have a solar shower outside as a backup shower in case my electric hot- water heater goes out. I live in north florida where you get plenty of sun, so I would really like to look into this option -and I see that Amazon has alot of these showers for sale on their website. This would be a great backup shower and this way you would not have to worry- if your electric goes off for a few days or more during a hurricane like it does sometimes in florida.

6. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:

We always use sun energy to heat bathing water at my rural home. We put water in a bucket that is made of material similar to the one for iron sheets and so it conducts heat faster.

We can leave it out in the morning and the water will be hot by noon. It really saves on energy costs since we won't have to light a kerosene stove or charcoal to heat water.

7. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    Using the sun as a heat source for water is brilliant. There was a time I used this method to save on cost for energy but just like everything else in this world it had its cons. It is very suitable when your day is free and you have no commitments. In the event that you have a schedule, it is not the best way to cater for your needs. An example is where you have a job interview to attend or you are going to work and you want a quick bath with some hot water. No matter how hot the sun is on that particular day your water would not heat up within your desired time frame and you may end up just using a water heater or having a cold bath.

8. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't yet used this kind of energy because this type of conversion here in my country requires a high amount of money to make the necessary adjustments. However, I find this concept of energy very interesting.

9. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I honestly never thought of using to sun to heat my bath. It to me sounds like a good and easy way to get a nice warm bath as well as to save you a bit of money. Though, I can see it being a bit tedious sometimes, the sun heat my not always be hot enough especially since it is getting close to winter. But it is still a cheap and effective idea.

10. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    In my country, it's a very common sight. Thought it takes a lot of time for the bath to heat to a reasonable temperature, it's efficient in saving fuel or gas.

11. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Since I usually shower at night I am not able to heat up my water with the sun as I usually shower at 10 at night. It would save me a lot on the electric bill but I don't get a chance during the day. On the other hand I do know of some people who do use the suns energy to heat up their water but to be honest when it's hot enough the water heats it's self up in the water tank and it already comes out warm.

12. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have solar panels installed in my home. I use solar energy to light my home, usually when the electricity is interrupted (which happens very often here), as well as heat water. Installation of solar panels is very expensive. However, once installed, you can get use it for years. There is almost zero maintenance cost.

13. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    Using the sun to heat is very common around here in Africa. Due to our tropical weather, we have all this sunlight that isn't even really harnessed. Fee people own solar panels.

Most people store their water in drums which are usually just outside the house and under the sun. By noon, the water is usually considerably warm for a bath.

14. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When we did not have an indoor water supply, we had to haul water in barrels in the back of the pickup truck. Since I also had to haul water for laundry as well as watering the garden, we set up the old wringer washer out in the back yard just above the vegetable garden. I would let the morning sun warm up the barrels of water (the barrels were painted black, so they absorbed heat faster) and then I siphoned the water into the wringer washer to do the laundry, and then drained the water out onto the garden afterwards, thus getting two uses out of the barrels of water. We could also use the warm water for washing up when we put it in a large washtub, and then emptied that into the garden afterwards, too.

15. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I think using sun enrgy to heat bathing water is a good idea. I seldom do this especially in times when I do not want my bathing too hot. Sun energy will hardly make your water toohot except if you are in countries where the temperature could be very high. This is a very economic way of getting water warm for bathing since electricity or gas is not involved.

16. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that not only is a good idea but it's a safe option for the environment and isn't as financially demanding as the other options.

17. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    I am a renewable energy enthusiastic, but I need to admit sun energy to heat your bathing water is not good in rainy days. My suggestion is to install a electric shower to be a "back up plan" in this kind of situation.

18. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    The idea is great and who wouldn't want to take advantage of free heating from natural sources? There are times of day, usually around noon, when you don't even have to do anything special to get hot water from the taps. Many people, however, don't have the luxury of waiting for that time and have to resort to using electricity to heat water. Depending on the season, I can usually get away with tap water for bathing or showering and I feel more energized with it. If it's too cold, I can do some exercises to turn my body heat up before taking a bath and never had to resort to heating water.

19. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    We use the direct sunlight to heat up water in my grandpa's home which is in a village where sometimes we don't have the facility for kerosene or stove. Although it takes time to heat up it is one of the ways to conserve fossil fuels. It would be fun. :)