Used Vs New Game

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Jason76 • Dec 21, 2016.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Do you prefer to get new games or used games? What might be some advantages and disadvantages to both types? Well, for one thing, a used game might not come with instructions or the original case. However, you can be sure it won't have scratches on it because they couldn't sell it if it did.

Note, the used games will always be cheaper, so right there is a huge attraction. In fact, a lot of used games in the US are between 5 and 10 dollars.

2. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    New Pros/Cons:
    • It's not damaged (used games around my area can be scratched as long as it still works)
    • You have warranty
    • Costs more
    • Has packaging
    • Not too dirty
    • Has not been modified
    Old Pros/Cons
    • Cheaper
    • Can be damaged
    • No warranty
    • Missing packaging
    • Pretty germy
    • May have been modified
    I still always prefer the new games. It depends on the person and if they think the positive outweighs the negative in each.

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a gamer myself but I did purchased some PC games before and some PS games which are quite expensive. I had no idea that I can buy used games that time though. So if ever I would buy one, I'll probably go for the used ones since they are much cheaper and most likely you'll just get the same game even if you buy a new one :)

4. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly go for the new game apps. The reason being android updates regularly. And the free games have lot of ads. This is something I don't want to keep on my phone. And there does not seem to be a way to block the ads. So for this reason paying for the game makes sense. It's better that way when you want to buy games for kids. Because you should not be paying for the games that has the ads. As that is more or less a distraction.

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Cheaper is easily the number one option why I might consider a used game, but of course nothing is better than a brand new one. Usually that savings is enough to motivate me, though.