Used Vs New Game System

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Jason76 • Dec 21, 2016.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Where I live, given the right time, you can often get a used game system from a certain chain for around 50 dollars. Of course, I haven't even mentioned yet the deals you could get on Amazon or eBay. Therefore I wonder if it's a better deal to get an old system or opt to buy the new one? Well, for one thing, the old systems won't play as many games, but they still pay enough for a fun time, so do you think making the 300 USD sacrifice for a new system is worth it?

Well, in my opinion, if I had the money I'd go ahead and get the new system. However, some might want to save their money even though they have enough.

2. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:

Used or not, I think it should be able to play the same games and if not, then it isn't worth purchasing because there is something very wrong with it if it can't read every cartridge/disk. If it were me, I'd just wait and purchase a new console because it's best to not risk the 50 dollars spent because with the more expensive choice, at least you'll know you'll get a working one and can easily return it if there is something wrong with it.

#2Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I think that there is something to be said about the nostalgia that comes with the old stuff. But, when you get down to it, I would rather prefer something that will last a lot longer.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    The playability of the old game system lies on its functionality. That I presume. Once it couldn't work or play anymore. That means something wrong with it. It would be better to get an upgrade one for an efficient system for the games. It is best recommended especially when you are having a business with computer game.

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    For me, as long as the used gaming system works smoothly and perfectly fine then I guess I could go with it. You can actually save a lot if you buy used gaming consoles but make sure that everything is functioning properly to avoid buying defective items. Buying and selling gaming consoles in our place is actually popular and common that's why I don't have any problems with it :)

6. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    It really depends on what you are willing to pay and what you are willing to play with. I personally do not mind being my gaming system used, as I know that this process will save me a lot more money in the long scheme of things. In the end, the decision is up to you and you alone!

7. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    Used game system is okay as long as it works. You might end up spending a lot more for repairs than what you think you saved when you bought the system. I'm into games but as far as spending money is concerned, I do not spend tons of money on game systems anymore. I'm happy with what I have since I'm busy most of the time. If I were a bit younger, I would totally spend a lot on these things.

8. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I'd go for the new console system. The reason being if old gaming system have any issues, then the repair may cost larger. And this in turn going to make it harder for you to spend money later. And so it's worth buying things that are new. You can see that new gaming system can be really good for those who also want to play new games. You can actually sell old gaming consoles to those who are needy and never played such games. I think in that context you should definitely go with the new gaming console.

9. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    Used game systems are decent, as long as you make sure the owner seemed to take good care of it. A lot of the people who want to sell their used systems are usually just looking to upgrade into a newer model, so it won't be so bad to buy their old ones. Although I do suggest you get a desktop instead since you ca upgrade the thing over time without buying a whole set.

10. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    I think a used, older console is fine. As long as it runs well, I see no problem. Some people sell their game systems because they don't use them often or wish to upgrade. Meaning the system is likely in good condition. Now I wouldn't be so trusting buying a used system online. You just have to be careful and check everything before you buy.

11. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy new games when they release the "Game of the year" or "complete" editions. The game is older than by that time but I am able to buy it cheaper and complete with dlc's included. I hate paying for DLC's so I wait for the complete editions of the game.

12. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think console games being the electronic gadget it is worth it if you buy it at low cost. You can see that many people only sell it if there are any issues with the system. So that being said, I think buying the gadget first hand would be lot more appreciable. You just have to see what may or may not work in that case. I'd never buy used stuff for that reason.