Underwear Shopping

Discussion in Misc & Others started by tallulah • Aug 4, 2017.

1. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    This is always a big issue for me. Do you try on your underwear in the store before purchase? I know it is probably clean and new as you are not allowed to return underwear when taken out of the store. But the thought that someone else could have possibly tried on those same underwear just makes my skin crawl. I am very sensitive to these things so I don't try on my underwear until they are thoroughly washed in hot water.

With panties I get my size fine but I end with so many bras I cant wear as my boobies can't seem to make up its mind. One day its big, next it's small :)

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I do buy underwear in a store I always wash it, but I prefer to buy it online and fresh from the packing depot. It all depends on whether the pack has been opened already or not, or if they are loose on the shelf. While I know it's good to test the stretch, it's not wise to buy off the shelf and use it, as you don't know who has touched it and often it could have been on the floor as well.

To be on the safe side always wash things before you wear them, especially in cheaper stores. I used to work in a high end store and having seen how things are stored and moved around, you would definitely wash things first.

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think we are allowed to try on underwear in a store over here for hygiene reasons even thought they have a protective piece on the gusset. I really wouldn't want to to be honest. @Theo@Theo .. can we try them on in a store in the UK?

I normally buy mine in sealed packs so I know they haven't been touched. If I wanted a special pair which were sold individually I would make sure they were in my size and then wash them when I got home.

4. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    In as much as it is not good to try underwears at the point of purchases, especially with the thought that someone else must have tried it, can be frightening, I do not see anything wrong with that as long as they look clean and neat. What I do anyway is that I do not remove all my clothes completely while trying out the new underwears that I want to buy.

I try them out with my clothes on so that the underwears won't come in contact with my skin. That way, I am a bit assured that the risk of contracting any skin disease is minimal although the case of getting a skin disease is not completely ruled out anyway.

5. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I don't try or even think of trying to fit an underwear. It is unethical and disgusting. If I am going to buy one, I would definitely ask a sales lady for some tape measure and always ask the size that I am buying. After buying, I don't wear them immediately, I wash them first.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't try on panties, I buy them in sets, like in a box of 6, and luckily they fit me. For the bras, I don't mind fitting them since it's not as disgusting as the panties, but I will wash them before I wear them for the 1st time.

7. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I had bought panties few months ago and they were all oversized. I guess it was because I was in denial that I had lost so much weight. I always buy the ones that can stretch so I won't have to worry about size. :)

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh my, I can't think of anywhere in the UK that allows you to try on underwear. I know with swimwear they have the hygiene strip, but still I would never try it on either. When I have bought them as singles I wash them first, and even in packs I make sure no one has tampered with them. I generally try and buy mine online now, but even so packers will have touched them and you just don't know how things have been stored do you?

9. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I will try on bras before buying them because you never know how they are going to fit. Different brands fit different even if you have the same size. It is frustrating. I think it is best to be measured to find your correct bra size. As for panties, no never will I or have I tried them on. I don't find too much difference in the size of them between brands so I haven't found ones that don't fit if I choose the right size. I always wash them before wearing them after I buy them as well. I don't usually buy them in singles though since they are so expensive that way. I buy the packs of 6 or more. I have ordered them online too.

10. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think we can try the underwear here as well, so I usually just take the one I think can fit me well, otherwise I will just have to put it aside. I usually know my size well, so I didn't have any worries about this and I always picked the right one. But ever since I gave birth to my third child, I think I haven't go back to the previous size or will not be back, so I bought the wrong size twice. Now, I have to pick the right one correctly.

11. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    sadly, in my place we are not allowed to try underwears. We have to buy it and take the risks of not fitting in your body. When I buy underwears, I don't have to think about someone already trying it because trying underwear before buying it is not allowed here.

12. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have never known of a store where trying out under garments is allowed. No one will be able to try on underwears in stores nor be able to return it. In this case one must know their sizing and have a good eye on figuring out if the underwears will fit. Usually the size are on point and most times my underwears will fit perfctly as I get ones that stretch.

13. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I never thought about tryng on underwear before I buy them-but I would make sure you know your size and buy a fresh sealed packet of underwear. Also I am not sure you can return underwear, even if the product packaging has not been opened- but i would think not, for a open package because of hygiene reasons. I really like to look the underwear over though and make sure I get the right size, so I have a better chance to get what I want -but some stores may take them back ?

14. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    No, I never try my underwear in the store before I purchase them, this would be really funny.
    It is true that it happens to be larger sometimes and if it is so, I throw them away but I still not try them before I buy it. I do understand that we must try the rest of the clothes, and if it is underwear among them I will try it, but If I buy the only underwear I will not try it!