Under eye bags fix?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by notafish • Apr 11, 2013.

1. meltypeshere

meltypeshereNew Member

Threads:
    Soooo....my aunt had like eye bags that looked like they were gonna sag and smash through the ground at any time and i saw this anti-aging eye cream product that apparently worked so well it ended up on the news and decided to get her to try it....like miracles do happen, it aint all bout those genes yo~

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The cold tea bags may work ok. If you have seasonal allergies which will give you bags under the eyes there is a product you can get that stays in the refrig to help with the bags it is a ponds product that works very good. You still need a concealer.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Nice trick canoe! I have been using a cold spoon that I put in the freezer. I like to do that to tighten up the skin in the morning. If I have some extra time, I use tea bags and cucumbers.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    The rationale behind using tea bags is that the caffeine in them would cause vasoconstriction (tightening of blood vessels), preventing the build-up of blood which causes the puffiness and darkness of the eye bags. It's a sound concept seeing how commercial products also contain caffeine as their primary ingredient.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm very lucky in that so far I've not suffered the dreaded under eye bags......touch wood. I have taken to using this Boots eye cream, though. I personally don't rate Avon products at all, to be honest. One thing I've heard of recently, is cutting right back on refined sugar can make a huge difference. Apparently, it inflames the skin and can cause redness, puffiness and even under eye bags! I guess you could start with that and see if there's anything to the claims.

6. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I have been told that the lactic acid in milk should help in reducing the puffiness. The method is to place cotton balls soaked in milk under the eyes for about 5 minutes.
    Reducing salt intake, maintaining a balanced and healthy diet, drinking lot water which will keep your system flushed, and eliminating water retention, are some of the measures which also assist the process in the of elimination puffy eyes.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yesterday we had a clan reunion in the province. The organizer is my uncle who is an American citizen and in vacation here in the Philippines. I noticed that he was always wearing sunglasses. He confided that he had his eyebags removed by a simple operation - I can't believe it is free courtesy of his healthcare card. But anyway, he showed me his eyes and it looked good. With the eyebags gone, he looked younger.

8. ElsieGupta

ElsieGuptaNew Member

Threads:
    Dermalmd is best product for fix under eye bags and seriously this has worked the best for my eyes also, and I've used tons of products (high and low end). Love the ingredients and dermalmd makes my eyes look better. Doesn't make the bag or circles disappear, but brings them down enough to not dread looking in the mirror.

9. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I've had the under eye bags since high school. Yes, they are genetic, which means nothing works to get rid of them except plastic surgery, which I am too scared to have done. The tea bags will work if your bags look worse than usual (from swelling/fluid), but to get rid of the genetic part of it, nope. They are always there. There's a make-up trick that works where you fill the crease of the bag in with concealer one shade lighter than your own skin, so it gets rid of the shadow created by the bag. But you need to be very experienced as a make-up artist to learn how to do it correctly. I've tried it numerous times and I almost get it right. But then I don't. :mad:

The only other thing I can recommend is something called "Sudden Change" Eye Serum. It's a quick fix, it basically lifts and flattens the bags, but you need to be careful not to smile too much or make too many facial movements, or the effect will wear off. Also, watch out for this white, flaky film that can appear if you apply too much of the product. You put it on the eye bag and then air-dry it for about 2 minutes or so and you will see your skin lift right up. Egg whites work very similarly. But again, there are downsides to this too, as I've mentioned above. Here is Sudden Change:

Attached Files:

10. James-M

James-MMember

Threads:
    Dark circles usually appear when you don’t get sleep enough. They are quiet to be seen by others so many people, especially women cover them by a thick cream mask
    So I recommend you some home remedies with ingredients which are only in your kitchen to help you cure dark circles.
    This is the recipe and usage.

11. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    No, dark circles are completely a different issue than eye bags. I wish I had dark circles instead of eye bags. Dark circles can be covered up if you're willing to go the extra mile (meaning, pay the extra money) for a really good cover-up concealer like Dermablend, which can even cover tattoos.. Eye bags cannot be covered up, they bulge out because they are actual fat packets and then you have the U-shaped crease right below the bag that sticks out like a sore thumb. No amount of make-up or even sleep will help under eye bags, unless you have plastic surgery to have them removed and then the skin lifted. Or you can use the temporary lifting stuff (I mentioned it in my earlier post), but that's just a quick fix.

Now, if you actually do suffer from dark circles (not eye bags), Dermablend would definitely be the way to go. That's what I would do. But I don't have dark circles. They would be a whole lot easier to deal with than eye bags....I only wish. ;):(

Dermablend: 20% off and FREE SHIPPING (for U.S.)

12. EndangRatri

EndangRatriNew Member

Threads:
    DermalMD Under Eye Treatment Serum is very moisturizing. It doesn't really have any sort of smell. I like that because when I put on my perfume, there's not any competing scents. The packaging is very nicely done and looks like a top quality product Overall, I did see some reductions in dark circles and bags but I love it more for the moisturizing aspect.

13. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    @meltypeshere@meltypeshere Just out of curiosity, do you remember the name of this anti-aging eye cream that you got for your aunt to try? I would love to give it a shot, especially because you said, "miracles do happen." I'm convinced I've tried them all, but maybe not this one....yet. Hope you see this post and can remember which eye cream it was. Thanks in advance!
    :)

14. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    The simplest thing had a good effect is ice cubes wrapoed in a piece of cloth.

Application of this decreases puffiness and gives the eye bags a more subtle appearance. Loose skin may make them look worse.

15. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    You can try massaging your eye area with a mixture of coffee and coconut oil three nights a week. Coffee is known to stimulate blood circulation and the coconut oil helps keeps your skin moisterized. I have tried this one night so far in hopes that it will do the job.

16. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I have a free solution that you wont even spend money and waste food like cucumber slices to your face. Get a pair of spoons and put it on the freezer over night. Apply the frozen spoons on your eyebags and you can feel the relaxation under your eyes. That one is for free, No need for any ingredients.

The cucumber slices only goes on salads and sandwiches for me because spoon works for eyebags better.

17. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    Under eye bag is the result of old age and high blood pressure. If you have reached a certain age, over 55 years for instance, you cannot completely remove under eye bags unless you go to cosmetic surgery. If your under eye bag is the result of hypertension, try to control your blood pressure. You can try home remedies such as cucumber, used tea bags etc.

18. WinnifredSullivan

WinnifredSullivanNew Member

Threads:
    Dermalmd under eye treatment is working for me, Bags under the eyes are disappearing in just weeks, but started to work almost immediately, and the best at all is not causing me any allergic problems.This is working for me, Bags under the eyes are disappearing in just weeks, but started to work almost immediately, and the best at all is not causing me any allergic problems.

19. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    @WinnifredSullivan@WinnifredSullivan This sounds awesome. Can I just ask you, is this one of those products that instantly lifts the bags up (like a clear glue) and you can't really smile or move your face for 3 minutes until it completely dries, and then it kind of flakes as the day goes on? Or is this more like a regular treatment cream that absorbs into the skin and actually helps to repair the bags over time? That's exactly what I'm looking for, not the fake, plastic serum that only temporarily fixes them. I hate those products, but I love the ones that are like regular eye creams. Oh, one more question for ya: Do you have genetic eye bags that are there all the time, or just the puffy ones that are more noticeable when you first wake up? Thanks for any further info, would love to hear more about this. :):)

#39May 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2017
  20. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I once a used a Garnier eye roll on in order to get rid of under eye bag. This provided comfort and relief to my eyes but did not fix under eye bag, Therefore, I stopped using this. I think cucumber and used tea bags (rinsed in water and cooled down) work well for your under eye bags. If under eye bags are the results of age, they cannot be removed unless you perform a surgery.