Under eye bags fix?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by notafish • Apr 11, 2013.

1. notafish

notafishNew Member

Threads:
    Hey guys, I have had some stubborn under eye bags for a long time now. I know I never use to have them when I was younger and was just wondering if my prolonged time behind the computer is the cause of this? They are not a good look on anybody and though I try to think positive and still rock them, I just end up being depressed.

A friend introduced make up to me but I am not a fan of make up. I don't ever want to use make up in my life. What affordable product can I use to get rid of it even if it will take months to go. I just want it gone, I have changed my diet and do get enough sleep. I am thinking of using something from AVON so does anyone have coupons or a discount link to it?

Waiting for suggestions,

Thank you.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Did someone recommend Avon to you? I'm sorry, I don't have any codes, I don't buy anything from them (I always found Avon to be all hype, but that's me). Bags are pretty much genetic as far as I know, definitely not from time on the computer etc or half the world would have them buy now. My suggestion is to heavily research. Makeup tricks work wonders, but I do understand your need to just be rid of them. In my experience, there is no easy solution. I don't have them, but I've spent plenty of time reading about different skin issues and products and there is no one product fits all. I do think I've read about products that *help* though. Not sure they take them away or not, but I could be wrong. Research research research. The first thing I do when I'm looking for something specific, is throw marketing out the window. Don't believe Avon's product just because it says it can do it. Or any other product. Sometimes some unrelated product will do it, the hidden gems are usually the best. Find forums and review sites talking about skin/beauty products or about the same issue and find what real people have used and rave about. You might save a lot of money or have to spend a ton more than you thought, but you may just find your solution. Just never take marketing at it's word.

3. themotleyshopper

themotleyshopperMember

Threads:
    Look at Sephora.com , they have a TON of under eye bag products. Just type in "Under Eye Bags" in the search box. I like Sephora because users rate the products. It's a great way to get input from other people who have used the product. Good luck!

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Try holding cool mint tea bags or green tea bags over your eyes. I have personally never had this issue (not in a way that sleep couldn't fix) but people I know who have swear by this method.

5. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with classicnyer about the tea bags. I've never tried them, but I've heard that black tea or green tea bags work wonders. I would definitely try this method first.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard that tea bags will work. Cut out excess salt from your diet. Drink more water. Try these inexpensive options before investing in creams.

7. annagoryun

annagoryunMember

Threads:
    There is a very inexpensive method used by millions and millions of Russians, I an actually surprised you haven't heard about it. My mother always used to put used tea bags (cold or room temp) on her eyes before she head off to work to minimize the droopy look. She did that every morning when my baby brother was still young. It's super effective and I strongly suggest you try it. She used black tea.

8. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Yup! I used to have eyebags too and this remedy absolutely did wonders to my eyes. I do this at night before I got to sleep. You might want to check this out indeed. :)

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that eyebags are genetic, that's why people have difficulty getting rid of it. I don't have that problem, but when I lack sleep, the skin under my eyes seems to look deeper and a bit darker. So I'll try out the suggestions that were posted here.

10. MrsR

MrsRMember

Threads:
    I have always had bags under my eyes. You can even see them in my kindergarten picture from school and yes they are genetic as my mom has them too. Some days they look worse than others, probably because of little sleep etc...but they are there to stay and I just live with it. Over the years I have tried the tea bag thing, lotions and makeup tricks. I have even bought some cream from Avon. Some of these remedies may have helped a little bit, but they are still with me and will always be. One thing that has helped hide them is glasses. As I have gotten older I need to wear reading glasses to see and the bags are somewhat less noticeable with the glasses. I don't suggest that you wear glasses though if you don't have to. Don't let it get you down and just keep smiling. People will see your pretty smile and that's all that matters. :)

11. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried facial yoga. These are DIY techniques which are easy to use. I have tried some of those from youtube and it has greatly helped me. These are simple techniques which you can do anywhere any time. I would recommend this if it did not help. Tea bags- green tea bags help. Place use tea bags in your fried and relax placing them over your eyes for about ten to fifteen minutes. Don't expect instant miracles but you will start to see a difference within a week.

12. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    Haemorrhoid cream! No lie - it works. Obviously, you have to be careful not to get it IN your eyes - because that would hurt, but a few dabs underneath and you will see a difference after a few days.

13. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I would recommend to invest money in a good concealer as well as a good moisturizering cream from company's like Clinique and Estée Lauder. I would have to recommend Estée Lauder because I have been using their products lately and they make that under eye area feel so much better. It also helped reduce my darkness in those bags.
    These creams are what make Estée Lauder so famous so therefore I highly recommend to do some extra research and to see if this product is right for you.

14. notafish

notafishNew Member

Threads:
    Thank all of you for your suggestions. I really like all the ideas but have found nothing new except the tea bag trick. I do not use concealers because I am a boy. Some people just started to poke fun at it and it has made me feel really self conscious about myself which is why I decided to get rid of them. Said that for those wondering why I do not want a concealer. The tea bag trick worked a little but I do not want it to feel like the placebo effect. Just because someone said it will work and I expect it to work, I start becoming delusional and making up stuff in my head when in reality it did not make a difference.

Anyway thank all of you for your suggestions once more. I have taken them all into account and will apply some of those tricks.

15. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    Do an Answers search and you will see many have tried all the under eye and dark bags creams and under eye rollers and report they were not even slightly effective.
    There is an epidemic of under eye bags and circles and many are reported by those in teens or early twenties. The main reason is reaction to skin sickening toxins in skin care, cosmetic and skin medicating products. Many teenage girls use 20 or more products daily and an alarming number of products contain skin(and health) harming toxins. See this site Skin Deep Cosmetic Database. A Feelgood Resource. The Database tested many thousands of products and identifies which ones are the most harming and those which are non or only minimally harming. So first thing to do is select the none or least harming products.

Then try these safe, natural, tried and tasted treatments that quickly and permanently get rid of them. They really work and have helped many on Answers

This is a response I received from wannabeblue28:
    “Hi Mukunda M. I have just been rubbing my face with oil using my fingers and hands and It has made a HUGE difference in my complexion after just one night. …… My skin looks so much tighter everywhere and i no longer have bags under my eyes! Thank you so much for your post, I have been suffering with acne and under-eye circles since i was young.”

She had seen an answer I gave about how vigorous face massaging with pure natural oils had permanently rid my face of acne AND removed my bags/circles. Massage greatly tightens skin under and around the eye area and the bags go away. Find Answer with a search "Mukunda M vigorous massage to remove eye bags/circles"

The most helpful ones are:
    (Using both hands together) massage with palms and front of fingers held together
    (1) Do long up and down sweeps close to nose from chin area up to near eyes.
    (2) Do another up and back at an angle from chin point to cheek bone.
    (3) Do fast up and down massage close to eye from cheek bones at an angle of 45 degrees (on your crows feet).
    Best if do for several minutes daily – will markedly tighten skin in eye area and diminish the circles in the first two or three days. Use any oil. Olive is good.
    IMPORTANT: To avoid skin pulling first make facial skin taught by partially opening mouth and pulling lips firmly back against teeth (tightens most of face)

Use any natural oil. Extra virgin olive oil works well for many.
    Additionally facial yoga exercises help a great deal. Find on You Tube. Do the “The lion face” and try to hold for 30 seconds. A variation of that is protruding the tongue as if trying to touch tip of nose with tip of tongue.

YOGA MEDITATION is a great help and is easy to do. It enables you to completely relax and gives you deep, restful sleep. 6 or 7 hours of restful sleep is considerably more beneficial than 8 or 9 more hours of non restful sleep. I found Siddha Yoga meditation was the most beneficial.

#15Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  16. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I disagree with most of the above: the cure is sleep, if there is a cure. Sleep & a healthy diet, but mostly sleep.

How much sleep are you getting? (With what other questions and comments can I lengthen this post to standard, kickout-avoiding length :rolleyes: )

Do you sleep 'well' (i.e. in the dark or wearing a blindfold? in the quiet or wearing noise blockers? suspended by your feet like BATMAN? :D )

17. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I disagree I am prone to it and I get enough sleep. All our family has it and I have tried natural remedies such as teabags and they don't seem to work. I would like to find something to eradicate the dark circles under my eyes. I have bought products and they don't work and make up is not a solution as it only covers the problem up. Its quite frustrating. So I sympathise with notafish.

18. youngnova

youngnovaNew Member

Threads:
    I have a friend and she put a spoon in the freezer for 20 minutes and then she put the spoon under each eye until the spoon is no longer cold. Make sure you put the spoon in the freezer for 20 minutes for each eye (a total of 40 minutes). That should do the trick...

At least it does for my friend anyways.

19. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I personally use cucumber slices. Slice a cucumber into thin slices. Put a slice over each eye and leave it for 15 minutes. Cucumbers help the swelling go down plus many other things.

I also agree with several of the above posters about bags under eyes being genetic. I heard this from my own doctor.

20. canoe

canoeMember

Threads:
    This might not work for everyone but what I do is I buy some vitamin c powder and vegetable glycerin and mix the two with a little water added. This creates a DIY vitamin c serum which is safe to apply near the eye area. This seems to really help with baggy eyes for me.