Travelling inside your country

Discussion in Travel started by caparica007 • Oct 29, 2013.

1. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    caparica007! I think it is the pretty cool idea to first see your entire country than move towards next places. If you don’t know anything about your region so how can you tell about it others? People will ashamed you for this act. I live in Venice the city of Italy and I have a complete knowledge about this region. I love to explore my own country first than others. Right now I am visiting around the India. It is very nice and vast country. I am trying to visit the all parts of this region.

2. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    I live in Wales, it is a small nation of three million people, however it can make a very interesting place for travelling due to the ever changing landscape every few miles and the surprising amount of cultural differences with the people in different regions of the country.

I am in South Wales where English is the first language, but in West Wales and parts of North Wales Welsh is the first language. If i visit some of these parts many of the locals will speak to me in Welsh so i am then facing a language barrier as i only speak English. This is quite a strange situation in my own country. The government are working hard to make Wales a dual nationality country, Welsh is taught in all schools and all public signage is written in both English and Welsh.

The Welsh landscape has many contrasts, we have a beautiful coastline, stunning mountains such as the Brecon beacons and Snowdon, a rich heritage associated with the coal mining industry which gives the Welsh valleys their unique feel and great people. It is a fabulous country to explore.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live on the east coast of the US. I have not traveled to many other cities but I have done some traveling. I plan to start this year to travel to more places and do more of the kind of things I have put off while I was helping to care for my grand kids.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although I have travelled to every place imaginable here in my country, some cheap and some expensive, there are hidden, uncharted places that are relatively for free as long as you know where to find them. The thing is, the amount you pay for an expensive getaway here is about the same price as a backpacker trip abroad, usually Asian countries. Thus, my travel habit is to mix a little bit of local travel with international ones. That way I'd have variety.

5. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    I'm from Sweden and it is a really lovely country!

6. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    I have travelled across my country a number of times through the years and most times I learn or visit somewhere new. It is always great to meet the people from these communities and to get to chat with them even for a little while. I think there is still much more places to go and I hope I get to visit them all in the near future.

7. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I travel a lot inside my country. My country is blessed with fine white sand beaches and tropical paradise resorts. I always make sure that once or twice a year I visited these fabulous beaches and experience the wonder and beauty of my country. It is also cheaper compare to travelling abroad or overseas plus you help promote the local tourism industry.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Canada is a beautiful country with so so much to offer. Sadly, I only know my own province, a secluded spot in the mountains of another and one city of the one next door. I plan to explore my country before I move on to others. I've seen it through the eyes of everyone I know, so I feel like I already know it all, but I really must experience it and my children deserve to as well. There is more education in travel than anything else.

9. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    My goal in life is to see each state in the US before I die. I have about 20 left to go. I still need to make it to the deep south, the mid west states, and the upper not heart states. As soon as my kids are a little older I will be making a road trip to hit the rest of the stars on my map. I have kept track through the years by coloring the states in on an old atlas that I have.

10. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I would like to drive cross country. I have been to many countries, but hardy traveled through the states in my own country. I have really only been through New England, Chicago, and Nevada and Arizona. Besides where I live, California. That tells you a lot, that I have only seen major tourist spots and not really the heart of the country.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know many places around where I live and in some other states, but everywhere up North I have never been to. My country is quite large and flights can get more expensive than traveling abroad depending on the date and fares you get. So sometimes that makes me hesitant to travel here. But I still plan on making a few trips in my country to places I've never been to!

12. Tzi Tzi

Tzi TziNew Member

Threads:
    I really enjoy traveling inside my own country, which is the US. There are so many beautiful places to see, and the landscapes and cities vary a lot from region to region.

One thing I've been enjoying recently is traveling by train. It's a bit less expensive than traveling by plane. Plus, there aren't any baggage fees or invasive security checkpoints, which cuts down on cost and stress.