Travelling For Festivals

Discussion in Travel started by gracer • Feb 14, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Hi guys! :)

Some people tend to travel for the purpose of joining or witnessing festivals while some prefer to travel to a place when the festivals are not yet on or when they're finally over to avoid the hassle of having to deal with a lot of people.

Where I live, millions of people from around the world travel to our city to witness its grand festival. Hotels are fully booked even months before the festivities and finding a place to stay on an impromptu basis is next to impossible. However, people still flock our part of the country each and every year for the experience and fun of it despite the sea of people each and everyone have to deal with.

Do you also travel to specifically join a festival or do you want to experience your travel destination without too many people around? What are your most memorable travels so far?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's nice to go to festivals but when we experienced the flower festival of Baguio City in the northern part of the country, we had changed our stand on festivals. The usual cold climate was not cold due to the heavy crowd. It seemed like all the people in Metro Manila have gone up to that summer resort. And the main road was so crowded that people cannot walk fast. Festivals in the provinces are always like that. Worse, the price of everything has jacked up particularly the hotels and the food.

It is a big NO for going to festivals.

3. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    gracer, You are right some people prefer to go for travelling to enjoy festivals to have fun with buddies but some avoid it because they love to avoid the rush. I think travel is the best way to have fun for both kinds of people to spend some quality time with their travel mates. I love to travelling and both ways are fun time for me.

4. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    My family and I together with some friends who specifically came to our place just to watch the festivities have just recently watched the grand parade of our festival. I must say that even though there was a sea of people around, the fun of witnessing the festival as a group still had a higher effect than the hassle of having to join a crowd of too many. @roki123@roki123 I agree so much with what you said, I think it's just a matter of how you see things when it comes to traveling. Of you try to enjoy no matter what the odds are, you would go back home elated from your travel experience. :)

5. Adoreyou!

Adoreyou!New Member

Threads:
    This is something really good gracer. I will just surely really like to experience anything like this. Love exploring different of the places for the sake of trying new and things like these. Specially being somewhere while a huge festivals always really makes me amazed trying things like these so much.