Travelling based on currency exchange.

Discussion in Travel started by daimashin • Mar 25, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Currency fluctuates from time to time so do you think it's wise to travel to the country when their currency is weak? How much money can I save if I wait for these times to travel? I'm thinking that I can save quite some money especially if that country's currency is a lot higher than my country. What do you think, is it viable?

2. Quaestor

QuaestorMember

Threads:
    Waiting for currency to change value is a risky way of saving money. The price can also keep changing while you're away and when you go to convert back to your original currency, you may end up losing money there too.

A better idea would be to travel during off peak times, eg. book flights for the middle of the week, instead of near the weekend. Travelling during summer can also be more expensive compared to other seasons, so you could also travel during a quiet time of the year. These things are more dependable, the effort you would have to put in isn't worth the stress when trying to predict whether currency will rise or fall in value, in my opinion.