Travelling Alone - Where Would You Go?

Discussion in Travel started by DrRipley • Oct 21, 2013.

1. coco85

coco85New Member

Threads:
    I would love to go to Australia or France alone. Both these places are so amazingly beautiful, with so many things and places to see that I won't miss the company of anyone.

2. writeletters

writelettersMember

Threads:
    With friends I'd like to visit America, and with family Australia. I don't know why exactly, it just feels right. Alone.. I have no clue. I'd like to visit Europe with friends/family. I think I agree with you on the Asia one, though. Asia is a place rich with culture, and nothing really for large groups of people. I'd like to travel Asia on my own.

3. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I do not usually travel alone because I don't feel the fun of it. The last time I traveled by myself was when I visited one of my friends who lived 3 hours from me. Otherwise, I prefer traveling with friends or family. However, if I travel alone, I usually go to the mall or something.

4. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    Traveling solo has made me who I am today, and has also strengthened my marriage in a lot of ways that probably don't make sense to anyone else - and that's okay! I have traveled around Europe by myself, no cell phone, no maps, and just shown up in places with a general idea of what I would like to see. Traveling solo gives you the power of your speed, choice of interests, and comfort levels. Most of the time when I'm solo, I'll go as cheap as possible, then splurge on the one or two things I'm really interested in the location.

Traveling solo is all about independence and freedom, and I encourage everyone to give it a try!

5. daren

darenMember

Threads:
    I love to travel alone anywhere. And most of the time i travel alone and enjoy. I like Paris, rome, london, phewa lake, Saif ul malook lake, naples.

6. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    If you are male then its good for you that you are travelling alone anywhere but if you are female then its restriction for you because many problems are occurring during the travel which females can not face that problems..

7. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    Major cities are always easy to travel alone, in my experience. Sometimes when you're off the beaten track you kind of want a bit of company. In terms of Asia, I'd say places like Thailand are definitely easy to travel alone, though I would say Japan is a bit harder. It's only harder really because of the language element as a far smaller percentage of people there speak English. At times like that you kind of want strength in numbers.

8. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    This is a really good question.

If I were to travel alone somewhere, I'd definitely give myself a Euro-trip. Travelling to Europe and taking a train to different countries would be simply amazing. So many cultures in just one continent. Though I haven't been there, what I know of Europe is that it's a place to do a bit of self-searching, site seeing, and you could have fun in different areas as well.

Also, I've always wanted to visit Greece, so that would be on my list of countries to visit in Europe.

9. zenfive

zenfiveMember

Threads:
    I think I might want to explore a big city like New York on my own, that would be pretty cool. But I think travelling to some remote destination in Asia for example, might be better suited if you went with your friends or your significant other. Although it could be a great way to do some self reflection and some deep thinking alone too, if that's what you like doing. I'd also love to go to somewhere like Moscow or Cape Town too, I find those places really cool.

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think Europe is a great place to visit alone, especially if you are female. There are so many beautiful cities to visit, most people speak English, standards are similar to what we are used to at home and the currency stays the same in most countries. I would be interested in visiting Asia, but I am somewhat concerned about my safety, as a lone female. Have any of the ladies visited Asia alone and if so, where did you feel the most safe/unsafe?