Traveling Discounts.

Discussion in Travel started by jonthai • Jun 14, 2016.

1. jonthai

jonthaiMember

Threads:
    When you travel, do you have in mind going in business class, or economy.Is it possible to travel in business class for the price of the economy one trough discounts or promotions?

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I'm sure certain discounts would allow a business class occasionally. I mean, that seems to be the case with everything else. Anyway, I business class sounds fun (and I did experience it once), but in reality, I'd be happy to get on a plane in any fashion. It all seems very high class in my opinion. At least, that's how it seemed when I did all these trips to Asia and around the US back in the 2000s.

#2Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My wife and I were lucky to have experienced flying business class during our first trip to Hongkong courtesy of Emirates airline. I was wondering why the airline officer was eyeing us. And we were surprised when we were offered to take the business class seats. That was the only instance when we traveled business class. It is always the economy for us because we can live with the inconvenience. The business class is almost double the cost of an economy seat so why take it? Later this month we have a trip to Taiwan and you can guess that it’s economy for us.

4. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried Trivago and Triadvisor. Both of the sites are good. But they seem to have lot of fake reviews. Many people and places are not as they say it is there. You have to understand that you need to experience by going to those places. Because travel options around may not be helpful in that context. That's something you have to learn and get used to as well.

5. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I am always waiting for discounts or vouchers when I want to travel, in this way I save a lot of money and I can take more days on that vacation, or I am just saving the money for my son.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on why and how I am traveling. If my company is paying then of course I would prefer to travel by business class but if I have to pay from my own pocket then there is every chance that I would chose the most economic means of traveling. I wouldn't mind traveling even by the flights with limited luggage services which offer heavy discount based on luggage you carry. For instance Air Asia offers the cheapest air fares if you travel with one cabin bag up to 7 kg.

7. Sirius

SiriusMember

Threads:
    I don't see the point in traveling business class unless you have piles of money and you don't care how you spend it. For the middle class person it's meaningless. Why getting charged twice as much or even more for a more comfortable seat, real forks and knives and a personal TV? We are all going to get to the same destination at the end of the trip. Yes, it will certainly be a better experience if you travel in business class, but I think, in this financial climate, it's always a wise move to save money and spend it on something more important than feeling more comfortable for a few hours. Again, if you're rich or your company is paying, then it is justified.