Travel rewards?

Discussion in Travel started by JessiFox • Feb 1, 2013.

1. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Anyone in any rewards programs for traveling? I've seen plenty where you get 'points' for using the same airlines, hotels, etc. and can later use those points for further travel, and was just wondering if anyone has experience with any, good or bad?

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm in the Southwest Airlines rewards program. I did earn one trip. It's been a long time since I have flown anywhere.

3. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I heard about it, but have not earned any trip from such program.

4. gabstaff

gabstaffMember

Threads:
    When I traveled for work, I became a part of all the airlines reward programs, because I never knew what airline I was being sent on. I earned a couple of free flights that way. I also joined the rewards program for choice hotels. I earned several gift cards and used some points for free hotel nights on a trip. If you travel a ton I would recommend them!

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I am part of the Hilton Honors program and I love their rewards. You get points for your stays and you can redeem them for free merch. So far I have ordered gift cards and jewelry. Right now I am saving up for a free ticket to Disneyland. It's a great program and I have been a member for 5 years. Still haven't saved up for a free night. I end up cashing out for gift cards instead.

6. GulfWarVet71

GulfWarVet71New Member

Threads:
    I joined Alaskan Airlines rewards back when I went on a business trip about 3 years ago and I still get emails to this day to book flights and use my points. Of course they are better and beneficial if you use them more (i.e. fly more). I am currently considering using them and applying points for a trip to Las Vegas in April but I still want to make sure I am getting the best possible and cheapest flight I can.

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I travel everywhere in the UK by a coach company called Megabus. I've been using them twice a month, every month, for the past three years and you would think I might get a couple of free tickets for my custom. :eek:

8. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    My experiences with travel rewards programs have been good ones so far. I'm enrolled with the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards program and have earned quite a few free roundtrip flights from them as I use Southwest more so than any other airline. I'm also with La Quinta Returns and have earned enough points for free hotel stays. It's also pet friendly which is why my family almost exclusively stays at this hotel when traveling with our kitty.

9. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    Ive been with Etihad Airways and I claimed two Hugo Boss watches from my miles. It was lovely! It was expensive to buy but I got two for free on offer as well.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I am signed up with a few airlines. It doesn't cost anything to be part of them, so you might as well.

I have never actually managed to cash out for any of them yet, though. Eventually I will!

11. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I think some hotels hotels give rewards via airmiles if you stay with them. Some are tied up with airlines. I remember hubby was telling me one time that he stayed in a particular hotel when he went to US because it's tied up with the airline and offered airmiles as rewards.

12. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    You can visit here without any doubt. But before going there please check for advance booking hotels.I think our group is really awesome