Travel Rewards

Discussion in Travel started by Zyni • Apr 4, 2016.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is there any way to get hotel points or similar rewards besides getting a room? I mean, I'm hoping to earn some discounts for when I make a trip. I heard you can shop at "mileage malls" to earn flyer miles, but is there something like that for hotels too?

The trip is important, but it's an extra expense that is going to be a bit of a struggle. Any discounts I can get would be of benefit, so if you know of anything, I'd appreciate your tips and ideas.

Also, if there are any reward sites (gift card sites) etc. that you know of that are legit and have more to offer than surveys, I'd appreciate hearing about those as well. Thanks!

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only rewards programs I have are American Airlines AAdvantage, and the ones from my credit card. The American Airlines one is good because you can use it for flights for any of the OneWorld alliance and you can also use it for hotels, car rentals and things like that. I am not sure how good the point exchange is for the actual places, but it sounds good to me. There are a lot of options.

3. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    Yeah, isabbbela American Airlines AAdvantage had rewards programs for travelers to have fun and give them cool options to make their travel time exciting and more enjoyable for them.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are lots of travel rewards and loyalty schemes, so you really need to pick one that you will use. Some allow you to buy points and others allow you to transfer them to other accounts (like a gift) or maybe if you have airmiles they can be added to a hotel loyalty scheme. It's such a broad topic, it depends on what you will use. For example I have IHG and Hilton memberships, and once you sign up they do send you offers. It's country dependent, but an example would be with IHG they will give you bonus points for your first stay.