Travel Agents

Discussion in Travel started by writeletters • Dec 17, 2013.

1. writeletters

writelettersMember

Threads:
    When you go overseas do you book tickets and hotels and activities on your own, or do you go to a travel agent like Flight Centre to do it for you? I know that booking through a travel agent costs more than booking it yourself, so I just want to know what you guys do/think. Booking through an agent does have some positives though: pretty much guaranteed no mess ups, so it's stress-free for you.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unless I'm traveling to a place I've never been in, I'll dispense with using a travel agent's services. In fact when I'm visiting a place as a tourist 'mess-ups' is the last thing that will worry me. I'll get right out, mingle with the locals and get great deals [though of course you'll have to give a little dough to the person who shows you around on your first day] but it's not much compared to what you'll pay a travel agent.

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I trust Expedia for this. They are pretty legit! I have been traveling smooth with my bookings there.

4. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I used to think travel agencies are better. However, these days, online booking proved to be much more comfortable for me. You can access it anywhere and you do not need to explain your travel itinerary to someone else or no need to go to a travel office.