Transiberian Railway

Discussion in Travel started by alvinsalls • Jul 9, 2016.

1. alvinsalls

alvinsallsNew Member

Threads:
    Always wanted to travel with Transsiberian railway. I have never been there myself but some of my friends have been and nothing but the best to say about it. Totally different culture, people and pretty much everything. Now I'm too old to go backpacking such a long way but I would encourage everybody to check it out.

2. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    Oh, I have friends from Russia and they have told me so much about taking the Transsiberian railway. I would love to do it myself some day. Just take the train and enjoy the ride through that part of the world would be so amazing!

3. alvinsalls

alvinsallsNew Member

Threads:
    That's right. There's a lot about it on youtube. 6000 miles of tracks all made by hand. Can you imagine that?

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're never too old and it's a journey I still wish to do, but with someone I trust and who would appreciate it. These days it's a little easier to get visas, but still not cheap. I would rather save up and enjoy it properly than do it too cheaply.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My goal is to ride the Via Rail across Canada. I did ride Amtrak once across the United States, and it was a really fun trip. The scenery is supposed to be even better on the Canadian trip and the trains are nicer, however, it is not cheap. I think you could probably double the price of the Amtrak trip.