Tourist Attractions

Discussion in Travel started by Zyni • Apr 20, 2016.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What do you think of tourist attractions? When you travel do you visit many of them? In general, I find a lot of them to be overpriced and gimmicky, but some of them are pretty cool. I was just checking some out, in my own state, and I was surprised by the variety. Some of them even cost little or nothing to visit. More money for souvenirs!

Do you like to check them out or do you usually pass? Is there something of particular interest that would draw you in? I'm generally fond of state parks and such. There are some beautiful places out there that I've yet to see.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in the one of the top attraction cities in the world. It always amazes me how many people live here and never go to the the great free attractions in the city. We have free art museums, natural history and science museums along with beautiful parks all free.

We went to the museum to see the display of ancient art a few weeks ago it was great, people ridding bikes along the canal.

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I am usually diaspounted with tourist attractions and do not go to most of them. I like to visit places that are off the beaten path. They seem more meaningful and less overcrowded. I do not like things that are too showy or that look fake.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm okay with tourist attractions like parks and even theme parks. What's not okay with me are the souvenir items which are so overpriced. In February we went to our relatives in the province. On the way there, we dined in a native restaurant that looked like a jungle. It was really nice. And when they offered us their souvenir items such as t-shirts, wallets, mat, hammock, etc, we were so surprised. A t-shirt in Vietnam or even Singapore costs 300 pesos at the most but there in that native restaurant, their t-shirts cost 450 pesos.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like tourist attractions if their goal is to showcase the culture and history of the place. However, if it's plain to see they're only interested in your money and not in telling an educational story, then I'd rather visit historical spots, heritage houses, old churches and museums. When buying souvenirs, you're limited to key chains and fridge magnets because they're the only items you can afford with your trip budget.

6. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Tourists attractions grab a crowd of tourists towards them and i like that. I most used to have a visit on natural tourists attractions or somewhere i could enjoy so many rides and adventure things to do.

7. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    Tourists attractions call the visitors toward them to all travel freaks to have fun and try something new. I personally love to go for that kind of places which are filled with natural resources and become the source to call me . Here I would like to add the name of New York which remains on the top of my list to go for it.

8. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah new york is one of the best destination, i had good time there and would love to make a tour there again and again. It is the more versaltile ones and passionate travel destinations that is most famous among tourists for party sports. Timie square is my favouite ones and what say which one is yours.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love tourist attractions of different types. Luckily, unlike many similar destinations, he Botswana government manages the level of tourist activity here and guards our sites very, very jealously. Those who travel extensively and have visited Botswana will tell you Botswana is one of the most expensive countries to visit. It's totally by design, as the government is going for high end, less impact tourism. It's in part to make a very memorable, special holiday for those who take the time to visit Botswana, but also to remain sympathetic and kind to the wilderness, the fauna and flora and other special sites of interest. So in all honesty, it never ever feels gimmicky and touristy, wherever you go. I like to visit places where I can be one with nature it's so serene and peaceful.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not that interested in tourist attractions for the most part,though I guess that mostly depends on the country. I think there are some countries where I'd be more interested in the tourist areas than others but mostly I tend to not care as much about them. I don't like going to these places because they are too crowded and I am just not that interested enough to put up with it and also usually the prices for the products and services surrounding tourist spots are usually very expensive too.

11. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Tourist attraction sports can be expensive to visit but if I've never been in a place and I've heard that it's beautiful then I'll visit it. I'll never visit the same place twice though. Better to go out and visit other places which might just be as good. To be honest what I love most about traveling is meeting new people.

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with the OP about tourist attractions being gimmicky, over the top, and pricey. That last one is my main issue though, the fact that they are so expensive, and they rarely offer the true authenticity of the place that you are visiting. I find that it is much easier to go to these places and avoid most of the bigger tourist attractions in order to save money and get a more authentic experience.

13. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    You are right on this point that go to try some other places rather than to go for one place more than one time but if you liked any place al lot then the case will change. I think it depends on everyone that how he takes it?

14. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    When I travelled when I was younger, the tourist attractions were a must. I loved seeing all the main attractions a city had to offer. For example, when I was in London I went to Stonehenge, Tower Bridge, Kensington Palace etc. I am so glad I went to these places. I do agree the cost to get in is ridiculous but I find if there are historical places it is worthwhile. I do find places like Disney World, Sea World over priced. I think now that I've got kids we try to avoid crowds but still want our children to experience some tourist attractions. We pick and choose what we'll spend our money on and look for discount tickets etc as a way to save money.

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Back in the 70's we went to Japan for a pilgrimage and we liked it. We could go to some of the most tourist destinations and I enjoyed it because you always hear about it and now you've seen it for yourself. So I do like tourist attractions and some of the local most liked places too. Sometimes it's nice to see what tourist see so you can enjoy it for the rest of your life. I'll not forget my trip to Japan though it was a pilgrimage we could go to sights we always heard of too...it was so nice...and not ever forgotten too though it's just a tourist attraction.

16. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think this is something we really have to watch out for when traveling. In many cases, I've found the same exact souvenir items for less expensive prices in other locations. Even on vacation, it pays to shop around.

Some unique items may be worth a bit more, if it's something special. It's a memory that will last a lifetime. That kind of thing is a bit different. Yet, I agree. I'm not paying a lot of money for a basic t-shirt. They're often made very cheaply anyway, making them not worth the price. In that case, I'd rather pick up something else instead.

17. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I enjoy tourist attractions and sight-seeing. However, I am also a person who likes to get to know the locals and their culture better. Just being a tourist is not enough for me.

18. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    Moroccanbeauty2266, Can you share with us which regions till now you like the mist due to the culture of that nation and their friendly nature with travelers? I am keen to know and hope so you would like to share with us.

19. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I really like the conversation you all had about traveling. I love to explore the most beautiful attractions. I like to spend my time in such beautiful and attractive places. I and my friend both love exploring the world taking a camera with us.

Do you have any idea about