Tour Guides

Discussion in Travel started by Bolt • Oct 17, 2012.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My advice would be to AVOID the tour guides. They are usually quite expensive, you have to travel around with a group of annoying strangers and you will only see the tourist spots, not the real country!

I know some people like tour guides but they are definitely not for me, I'd rather explore with freedom. What about you?

2. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Me too. I find my freedom and movement get restricted when I have to move in a group like that. It’s not for me. I prefer biking it, walking around with a street map, taking an hop-on-hop-off bus or local transport to look around the sights of a place.

3. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    Me as well. Apart from it will cost you to hire tour guides I dont like people who is like a chaperone to me. I like to do things on my own, I always search before I go to a place and make sure that I know what I am doing.

4. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    As long as you make a plan of where and what you would like to see when you go a tour guide is not necessary, you can plan your own trip and shouldn't find it too difficult getting around. If you need help getting anywhere then just ask people.

5. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    My hubby and I usually travel on our own. We don't want to pay for extra just to get to see tourist spots. If you plan ahead, you would be able gather information about your intended trip. And besides, there's no time schedule that might be too short or too long for you to follow.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm going to be traveling this summer with a group from my church. We will have a tour guide. They have used this guide before. I don't mind traveling with a group of people I don't personally know. I do know a couple of people going, but not that well. There will be only a few days when I can explore on my own, but I'm really looking forward to it.