Thrift Or Retail

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Rosyrain • Mar 30, 2017.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I was walking around the mall today and noticed that there are massive sales going on everywhere as the stores are trying to get rid of their winter inventory. I was looking at price tags and some stores are offering super deep discounts right now. Some of the sale items are comparable to what you would pay for the item at a thrift store for a used item. Have you been ditching thrift stores due to retail store discounts?

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    It's been a long time since I shopped for brand new clothes, I always buy 2nd hand most of the time nowadays. But if I will come across a store with good discounts like the one you mentioned then I will definitely take advantage of it. Who doesn't want brand new clothing, right?

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    As a shopper with a limited budget, why not. It is now the best opportune time or season of the year that low, low price discounts for items sold by various stores in the mall are offering.

Thrift stores for all we know get their stock during the big discount sales and they put a little mark up prices for that. That is how business is being simply managed.

4. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I do both, but yeah, I love me some post holiday and post season sales. I'd much prefer to buy new if the prices are comparable to gently used prices. I just don't pay full price for most things, since a lot of the prices are ridiculous for what you're getting in return.

I used to really clean up on these sales when they kids were little. This is a great time to buy coats, jackets, hats, gloves, boots, and more. In fact, I should go shopping for a winter coat for myself for next year. I have a super warm, long, down filled coat, but it isn't always that cold here. I need something between a jacket and my "Chicago winter" coat. Thanks for the reminder.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also do both. Recently I've found brand new clothes at Walmart at very deep discounts and even found sandals I needed and liked a lot for just $3! Clothes, well I found t-shirts for just $2, shorts for $3! Sometimes we can find brand new clothes for a very good price, so it's good to go window shopping to see what prices are. We save so much and it feels so good buying new for such a bargain price when they cut prices very deeply! Love it though these deep cut prices does my pocketbook fine!!!:p

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I no longer do thrift shoppiñg but I do go for cheap retail shops. I manage to find a lot of discounts or sales and get my items during that time.

7. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I never bought any clothes at the thrift store,but I have looked around and it seems like they want a high price lately. Some of the furniture though looks to be quite interesting sometimes and it is made of solid wood. It seems like a lot of people have noticed the retail stores being cheaper on clothes today than the Goodwill kind of stores though, and also you have to hit the jackpot at finding your size at the thrift stores.

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I don't go to thrift stores anymore because there are a lot more alternatives that are even cheaper and yes, the retail stores are on perpetual sales these days not to mention that it's always more convenient to shop at malls. Now that I'm learning to sew my own clothes, I have even less motivation to go to thrift store. It's not just the price, after all, it's also how difficult it can be to find a perfect fit.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I don't like to shop at thrift stores because there deal in lots of second-hand stuff and I relish the idea of buying second-hand wear. I live in a tropical country, therefore, I usually plan for those online events when the summertime wear are been discounted to make way for the winter wear season.

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    It has been a while since I last went thrift shopping. I know they have good deals but I have seen really good deals on brand new clothes I just wait for sales to be available usually at the end of every season. I love sales and I found a store where there are always sales racks where I always find something for a great price. I like it because that is where I find my daughters clothing they are cheap, cute, and comfortable.

11. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    This is something really having such a great time as it.