Thread Advertising Crime

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by thomas pendrake • Jun 1, 2015.

1. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I just noticed a thread, actually several copies of the same thread, that was an ad with a link to a site offering to supply counterfeit documents and even money. I did not see the option to report it, I commented on one, and noticed that someone had made a similar comment on another coy of the thread. How do we report such stuff?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a report link next to the posters name and the time and date it was posted. It then comes up with a box to say why and a send button.

I have done it also when people have spammed my inbox.

3. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    Boy these scammers are really active and determined! Another forum I post on has been inundated with the same stuff! I have reported them on the other board, but they just keep right on. Why would anyone fall for this stuff? Then again, I guess fake documents look pretty attractive to some people, despite the risks of using them! :mad: It's really annoying when you go on a forum, hoping for conversation, and you're hit in the face with a load of such crap.

4. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    It is REALLY important that we report this garbage.
    The admins and mods work really hard, but it's hard to keep up.
    Reporting by users really help things out and the faster you do it, the less appealing/profitable it is for the spammers to do it which in turn will lead to less spam!
    So be a good community members and report abuse!

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ugh, spammers are bad enough, but to be offering something illegal, such as fake documents, is ridiculous. @Theo@Theo I'd never seen the Report option until you mentioned it, and even then, I had to go looking for it. Perhaps it would help if it were larger, and more visible. I would certainly make use of it if I saw something like that posted here.

6. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I 'like' this thread, but I don't necessarily 'like' the opening-post: would I still have to rate 'like' on the opening post, or do I 'have to' go through and rate all the 'like'-able posts on this thread? I guess I'm making the 'suggestion' that there should be that option on threads---where the whole thread gets the credit (each participant getting a share of the 'like').

Or maybe that's already how it works---each particpant getting a share of every 'like' taken by every post on a thread they contribute-to? Probably not yet, but that's a possibility for admin. to consider.

Furthermore, should I ask this question again on a 'new' thread? Or would that be 'copying the same post' more than it would be 'a new thread'?

7. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Believe it or not, there is a demand for almost any type of service. However, these perpetrators know how to cover their tracks; you report them, they are banned, then they reappear using the different contact information.
    People have been repeatedly scammed in the act of purchasing fake visas, and out of desperation, some may be scammed more than once. The thing to do is aware of tricks they utilise in trying to get you to participate. This is the most important factor.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We must not give up nor cave in to such predators ever and just keep reporting them no matter how long it takes for the safety of our forum & even the world is at hand. I understand that they just keep coming back for I've problems with hackers at my yahoo mail and facebook that I reported with places I've logged in from. Once at my yahoo mail I've had 6 different logins for recent activity all different from where I login like WA and CO were 2 of the different States for my yahoo mail recent activity. For my facebook there is different towns of CA at where logged in while I live on Oahu in Hawaii, all the other login locations aren't me. I've been trying to stop this now for over 2 yrs. Personal accounts needs to be checked always not routinely just random so you can clear out any other logins. You just don't know what the bad ones are up to, so keep vigilant and stay safe.