This Week At Dollar Tree

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by thisnthat • Mar 7, 2017.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was only posting that video as an example of how a person's can buy odds and ends at a dollar store, and make it look like something expensive; so you are probably right about your warning to be careful about health warnings on the adhesive you use for any of the projects.
    I have always enjoyed shopping at Dollar Tree, but I had no idea that there were all of these videos on Youtube showing the innovative creations you can make using the simple items found there.
    I also lied some of the compartmental stands that people have made by gluing the plastic milk boxes together and then painting them. It makes an great way to store items and be able to find them fast. I can really see something like that being perfect for a pantry, or even bedroom storage.

2. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, I know, and I thought it was great. I just happened to notice the glue she was using. I bought some, but then I was kind of shocked by the warning label. I figured I should add that. I thought the design she made was very clever though. It looked much nicer than one might expect, especially in the setting it's in.

There are some great ideas for dollar store crafts. I am always happy to see more of those.

This week, I got some back to school supplies, including the good Bic pens that are guaranteed to write on first use and last longer and some nice mechanical pencils that are refillable. I also got some good, thick socks, which I always buy at the beginning of a new school year. These were nicer than the thin ones they usually have.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I am sometimes saddened to see that the items needed for the dollar store crafts are not available at the Dollar Tree location that I usually visit. Good news! They just opened a much bigger store, and it's not too far from me. So, of course, I had to check out the grand opening, and I noticed that they had a lot of the items I had been looking for. I will be spending some time there soon.

There were other things I wanted the day I went, so I had to pass for now. I got some nice carpet squares for my utility room. They are large (about 2' x 2' square) with padding. I couldn't pass those up.

4. Shana Peckover

Shana PeckoverMember

Threads:
    I love Dollar Tree. The fact that you can get so many great things for just a dollar amazes me. We buy everything from toiletries to school supplies there. It's very difficult to find good stores like this. I hope that Dollar Tree is here to stay for a very long time!