Things You Don't Buy Online

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Ani_m • Sep 14, 2017.

1. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not too fond of buying things online and I rarely do it but I'm not against it, actually it makes buying more comfortable and a lot easier. I'm just afraid of credit card fraud and online phising and hacking activities. One of the many things that I don't buy online are food items. Others would be clothing and electronic items like TV's.

2. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Food is something that I would never ever buy online. I would also never buy clothes for myself as they somehow never live up to their claims. But I have bought a few T-shirts for my son, and since they were merchandise of branded franchises such as Disney and Madagascar, they were fine so will not hesitate in buying similar things again if I get a good deal.

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I buy a lot of things online especially if I have already tried a brand or type of product. I won't buy clothing or shoes for myself online since I like to try them on first. Sizing varies between brands and styles so it is hard to find something that fits. I have never bought food online but I probably would if I had the need to do so. Things have come a long way since you could first order things online and most times you can get the fresh foods delivered to your door soon after you order them.

4. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I think I will never buy electronic items online. I have bought tablet and flash drive online. When my tablet arrived, the screen showed vertical lines (when it was on). This was a result pressure on the screen. The seller did not packaged the item properly. I had bought this item on ebay and when I complained to the seller he offered me some compensation.I was satisfied with the compensation offered, however, had to use a tab with the screen showing lines. My flash drive stopped woring after few months.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Same here. I have too avoided food item so far. I am not sure if quality will be the same, but yes I will try some day. But surely I will go with dry items first. If I will found any compromise with quality then I will not try any more. I wonder how return policy works with food items. Or they don't have any.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't really think of anything I wouldn't buy online if I got a good enough deal. I think the only thing I might avoid buying would be things that have a poor return policy or items from China. I have been burned by ordering from there a couple of times. Also, I bought some towels online recently..I do not like them. I wouldn't buy those online again.

7. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Though I see many of my friends like to buy clothes online as there are more choices and much cheaper too, I don't think I would like to buy clothes online, as I would prefer to try the clothes before deciding to purchase. There were many times when I saw a dress look pretty and I like it very much in the store, when I tried it and it didn't fit me well. So, even though my friends told me they usually provide the size of the clothes when we shop online, I still don't think this is sufficient for me to purchase it.

8. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I would not buy foods, supplements or medicine online. These are stuff that I would probably have to ingest and if there should be any unknown contamination, then that could pose a problem to my wellbeing. There is also the danger that I could be sent goods that are very near to the expiration date and I would have to go through the hassle to return the items.

9. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    I usually shop online for Electronic-products, Books and cosmetics. The things I generally consider not buying online are clothes because you don't always get the right fitting and sometimes they may have some small defects so I prefer buying my clothes from market.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with you about fitting but in clothes category I would consider buying bed-sheets and sports/action wear which have almost standard sizes from famous brands like Nike, Puma and Adidas etc. However, I too would not consider business clothes online as I find them best tailor-made. Tailor-made clothes not only fit better but you get them cheaper and better selection according to your budget.

11. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I usually prefer to do online shopping but I avoid buys sunglasses as I check 100 of times before buying is it looks good on my face cut or not. The second thing is medicine and the third and last thing is makeup whether they are branded or not I really don't prefer to take a risk on these things. I don't mind to order Pizza or some fast food items online as that's okay just like home delivery you do order from some restaurant.

12. PriscillaKing

PriscillaKingNew Member

Threads:
    I've bought books online (using giftcards). Not much can go wrong with a book. For other things, even yarn or fabric, I really want to see the item in the real world; screen images can be very misleading. I have an Amazon Associate blog where I link to things other than books, but I'd hesitate to buy those things from Amazon myself.

One thing I notice is that people selling books on Amazon often offer great bargains, but people selling anything else at all usually want twice as much as a real-world store would charge...and then the customer review page shows that online purchasers often receive damaged goods that wouldn't make it onto the shelf at the real-world store, when they've paid more and waited for shipping.

On the other hand, I'd like to turn the Amazon Associate blog into a real-world Internet Portal store, where people could order stuff from Amazon (and also E-Bay) and see it, pay for it, etc., in real life. I live in a small town with a substantial market for one-off deals, so this seems to me like a viable idea. I just have to get the capital to start it, somewhere.

13. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I like to buy most everything online today because its so convenient-and some of these things include cool shoes,electronics,used books,and DVDs & CDs as well-also most of my online shopping is done at walmart.com or amazon.com. I like to buy food though in the stores and also a lot of clothes I buy offline as well. I think its better to go to the store though and pick up some wine or beer than buying online- and of course buying things like fresh vegetables offline in great or picking them fresh out of the kitchen garden is even better,which saves you on trips to the grocery store as well.

14. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Ever since I bought clothes that didn't fit me online, I stopped buying them. I think clothes and shoes need to be really fitted before purchasing them, since returning them can be quite a hassle.

15. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our home desktop’s cd drive is acting up and needed a replacement. I have already inquired the cost in a nearby electronic store. The quotation is 1,600 pesos or about $30. I’m sure it is cheaper in online stores. But I never buy electronic items online due to the high probability of an issue. It takes a long time for the turnaround when you request for a replacement for a defective electronic item. I would rather spend more in buying from a store in the mall than in an online store.

16. Liezeliezel

LiezeliezelNew Member

Threads:
    Food or groceries and underwear are some of the products that I don't buy online. If you are a health and hygiene conscious I suggest that never buy food and underwear online because you will never know the quality and cleanliness of one item when buying online. The things I usually buy online are gadgets, electronics, and home appliances because most of it has a warranty where you can easily return if the item is substandard.

17. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Some of the products such as TV, washing machine and few other electronics are worth buying local. As you can see it may save you a lot of money. And it can establish your earning in lot better ways. That's something I have learned over a period of time too. I guess buy things which you can't easily verify for authenticity offline. That is what I have learned about there as well.

18. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Call me old fashioned or whatever, the only thing I buy online are books and probably music. Things like food, clothes and everything else I have to touch, see and smell before I can make a purchase. There are so many horror stories around identity theft and credit card proliferation. I would rather not enter my financial details online.