Theatres Or Online Movie Watching?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Gad • May 12, 2017.

1. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Movie tickets are quite expensive nowadays, unlike during the 90's, so of course you can always save more by just downloading them. But what I don't like about downloading is that it's not really 100% permanent, because when your PC's hard drive starts to malfunction, then you can lose the movie you downloaded, that which has happened to me several times already. So I would to just buy pirated Blue-Ray discs, it's cheaper and it's more "permanent" than the digital version.

2. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    I will raise my hands to watch movies online sitting at my room in a comfortable mood.I think so that it is a cheaper way to see movies online at home instead of going in any disgusting theaters.I enjoy watching movies at home in a more convenience and pleasant environment.I think so that people do not enjoy watching movies at theaters in noisy environment.

3. Punkin

PunkinMember

Threads:
    I very rarely go to a theater anymore. The quality of in-home entertainment systems has gotten so high that there's little reason to. Even a thirty dollar surround sound system will sound amazing compared to television speakers. I don't have to take out a second mortgage for the privilege of having a snack while I watch either. It's great being able to pause if you drank too much soda and need to run off to the lav, and not having strangers talking during the film is the best!

That said, if I'm really excited about a particular movie I may make the effort to go out and see it. Sci fi flicks do seem to benefit more from the over-the-top screen size and bass volume on the theater speaker systems. It's going to have to be a really good movie though.

4. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    For me, downloading the movie and watching it at my own convenient time is best. Due to my heavy work schedule, I don't have the leisure of visiting a movie in the theater.

5. Meeseeks

MeeseeksMember

Threads:
    It's more convenient to watch movies online and the experience is just the same for me compared to watching it inside the movie theater. You can also do multi-tasking while enjoying your shows online, which you can't do obviously when you're inside a cinema.

6. roldya

roldyaNew Member

Threads:
    I watched Spiderman online and it was really blurry and messed up so bad I couldn't really enjoy it. Couldn't see what all the fuss over it was about. Will rent it when the stores get it in and try again. From now on I will just spend my money and see them on the big screen. I don't really go to many movies any more anyway because they are mostly garbage.

Overall, theater but it's so expensive. So I just deal with it online if it's a huge movie that everyone is dying to see, I make the effort to go to the theater. But if it's just a more low-key movie, I watch it online.

7. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the time, I would prefer to watch movies online because it is free. Just prepare your snacks while the movie is buffering, and if it is good to go, you can start your movie marathon. Also, this activity is good for all. With a big screened TV and a huge couch, it is a good family activity. Another thing is you have loads of choices. Even watch rerun movie if you feel it, your only limit is the choices that are offered by the site is providing you.

In special occasions like anniversary or anything that needs special treatment. Going out to watch movies the old ways will never be off seasoned. It will always be one of the best choices if your plans are limited to eating out.

8. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I don't go to the movies much, I much prefer to watch movies on TV instead. But when there is a really nice movie in the theatres, I would rather watch it on the big screen. And some movies, such as the latest Disney movie, the Jungle Book can only be better experienced on the large screens.

9. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    True, those kind of movies are specially made with lots of visual effects. So we can enjoy it lot better in theater compare to TV. Same thing goes for Baahubali 2 (Indian movie). It was having lots of visual effects and its print specially goes out with 4K resolution for theaters for better visual experience. So such movies can be enjoyed in theaters for better visual effects, in TV we can not enjoy those visual effects. Same like you even I wait for good movies to go for theater. Otherwise I just ignore them.

10. bsiy8

bsiy8New Member

Threads:
    I like to watch at theaters.