The state parks in Florida? Tips?

Discussion in Travel started by kate23 • Sep 12, 2012.

1. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    Has anyone ever been to any state parks in Florida? What was it like and what did you do? I live in Florida and really want to visit them, especially because I really want to swim in the springs.

2. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    Some are really nice and taken care of and some are a little trashy. The only way you will find out is to just go for it and see what happens. You can always leave if you don't like it. The parks dept offers a season pass so you don't have to pay to get into the parks every time you visit. I live in Tampa and have a lot of nice ones around here that I really like. I haven't found a bad one yet but some are a little bit more...not well-kept.

3. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I was in one in the middle keys. I forgot the name of it, but it was nice. My want to take my wife to the Everglades, but she is afraid that a crocodile will eat us.

4. Jacek

JacekNew Member

Threads:
    State Parks in Florida

I live in northern British Columbia Canada, and was on a holiday in Florida. We drove from Orlando to Panama City then into Georgia and back down the other coast back to Orlando. We visited the state parks and really enjoyed them. Some parks are beautiful and some are a little run down. One of my favorite parks was Manatee Springs State Park near Chiefland. We hiked the trails and watched the wildlife. We saw manatees, turtles, fish, and alligators. Edward Ball Wakulla Springs was also one of our favorites. A beautiful lodge that also provided river boat tours. We went on the tour; the tour operator was very knowledgeable and fun. We saw many birds, alligators, turtles. We went to a few more parks where there were many things to see and do. There is a charge to go into each park but since you are a resident of Florida you may want to check into the annual pass. I have a Florida State Park magazine which I picked up at one of the ranger stations on our way. It is filled with lots of information and all the parks in Florida. You have a real gem stone with your state parks, enjoy them.

Here is a website for you;

5. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    The Florida State Park system began 75 years ago with eight parks. Today, there are about 160 state parks from Pensacola to Key West, each offering a wide variety of outdoor activities.