taking children on "adult" trips

Discussion in Travel started by alahnna • Mar 5, 2014.

1. alahnna

alahnnaMember

Threads:
    My friend and I just got into a discussion about a letter that was posted and I was wondering what the consensus is.

A family went on a trip to a ski resort, paid for by the employer. They had a small child with them and that child cried and screamed all night long because she was teething. Apparently this happened for 2 nights in a row. The family got a note under the door after the second day from people in a neighborign room who told them how rude and selfish they were for bringing a small child to a resort where they had no business bringing babies since it was an adult place. They claimed to have spent a lot of money and time planning this getaway and were very upset the baby had ruined their sleep both nights so they could not rest after a day of skiing and basically blamed the family for ruining their trip.

Do you think the family should have brought the baby along to a ski resort? Do the people who wrote the note have the right to be upset at the family and claim they ruined their trip? Do you think people should get a discount from the resort in a case like this?

2. CSomm

CSommMember

Threads:
    I had no idea that a ski resort was an "adult" place. Was this resort specifically designated as such? Because otherwise it sounds like the angry people in question have a problem with fellow humans that have to take care of their lives and the lives of others---surely that's not getting too much in the way of you skiing down a hill and then riding back up one? After the first night, regardless, the angry people should've considering speaking with the hotel lobby personnel about getting a room change, rather than be awful about the whole thing.

3. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have kids, so I don't know a parent's perspective on this decision, but I could honestly say that you should only take children on an adult trip if the child won't mess around with the whole purpose of going to that trip.

It's nice to have a nice family vacation somewhere. My dad had a business meeting in New York, and my whole family and I went along with him. He went out on his meetings while my family and I toured the city. It worked out fine because we didn't bother him with his purpose of traveling to New York and my mom, my siblings, and I had a great time enjoying all of the famous landmarks and great food only available in NYC.

Try to think of win-win situations.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This has to be some sort of joke right? An adult place? There is no such thing in my perspective, people that have kids have all the right to take their kids to wherever they want, it's nobodies business. Sure, if the kid is sick other alternatives must be considered, but I hate that adult/non-adult places, I think that should not exist.