Switching Off The Phone

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by remnant • Mar 27, 2016.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Switching your phone when not using, especially at night, will save power on your phone. If you charge your phone too much, you will drain battery pretty fast. Usually, I don't switch my phone off but I activate airplane mode. When on airplane mode, I can't receive calls or use data, but I can use it as an alarm.

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Replacement batteries are quite cheap, around only $6, so I don't really scrimp on using my phone. I keep it turned on at all times. Phones don't consume that much electricity too unlike desktops, so I opt to use it when I'm reading webpages.

3. Tiile23

Tiile23New Member

Threads:
    "Switching Off The Phone" is something I don't recommend you do. Today's smartphone comprises of many applications that monitors our daily lives, our health, and even tracks our movements making lives easier. Weather forecasts are also taken care of as well.
    Switching off your phone may cut you out from activities going on around you as well. This is because, you may also be in certain social groups which may be of great significance to you. So just don't do it!!

4. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    I keep my phone on at night. Since I need to get up early and my alarm doesn't work for some reason when it is off, even though on some older phones it worked that way. Also as someone said, to be reachable in case of an emergency. Although it would be better to turn it off to save battery.

5. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    I also keep mine on all the time. The battery doesn't seem to drain much, at least not enough to make a difference. Also, many smart phones now have the feature of power saving. Perhaps it would be better to switch this on, just in case of an emergency.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well it is one of those things where I really want to be able to do it but at the same time I always worry about the worst. They are there for a reason so I try to keep mine on, but I definitely get the idea of just turning it off.

7. Tiile23

Tiile23New Member

Threads:
    I have to keep mine on all the time, to check on a particular whatsapp group for updates as to whether our postings for national service are out. This is one of the many reasons why I can't afford to keep my phone off. Sometimes, I even feel so uncomfortable when it goes off due to battery low that I've to get it charged almost immediately.

8. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I'm keeping my phone open all night long, because someone may need to contact me even if it is the night. Besides, I need my phone on because I set my alarm to ring in the morning at 5 when I got to go to work. And sometimes when I wake up in the night I look at my phone to see how much is the clock!