Summer Vacation

Discussion in Travel started by xcmiller93x • May 8, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    What are your plans for this summer? Are you going on any vacations? I'm going to Gatlinburg, TN, and I'm really excited.

2. sunshinesaver

sunshinesaverMember

Threads:
    We are planning to go to Orlando Fl for our vacation. I love Disney and the water parks there. The best family vacations we have ever been on have been in Orlando. Downtown Disney is so much fun to go to at night. I love the shops and the restaurants there. Legoland is my favorite place to browse. If I wasn't afraid to fly I would go to Atlantis. For now Orlando will be my vacation destination for summer.

I hope you have fun in Gatlinburg!!

3. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    Camping. Cheap and fun and so good to get out of the city into the quiet and peaceful woods, swimming in a clear cool mountain lake. Plus, I need my yearly fix of S'mores around the campfire. It's my favorite kind of vacation and a whole week is around the price of one night in a hotel room.

4. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately summer has already ended on this part of the world. I spent mine mainly at work. But I did take my kids out for a good vacation on one of our local provinces with a good beach and hotel. They are always excited about these kinds of vacations. Since they are old enough we just give them money and check them in and let them live there for 2 weeks.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We will have to vacation locally this summer. It is a good thing we live in a pretty nice region of the country. There are lots of things to do and lots of places to go right here in the Pacific Northwest.

6. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I'm heading to Florida with my family in a few weeks. I'm hoping to take a trip to Charleston, SC at some point, too, but I keep having issues scheduling it. I've always wanted to go to Gatlinburg! Is this your first time or do you go often? Is it really nice?

7. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    I'm going to summer camp for a week with my girlfriend, joining tennis, going to the Oregon coast with my family and renting a beach house for two weeks, and then the rest of the summer I'll be at home. I'm also going to go shopping a lot,and hanging out with friends.

8. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    To all of you going on summer vacation, have an awesome time...please pop in and share some photos. I will need to see them as we are entering into winter and many are getting quite grumpy. Lol. So, no vacation for me but I can still be happy for you. (-: Lol. Happy times and remember how lucky you are!

9. greenplankton

greenplanktonMember

Threads:
    I always look forward to the summer vacation because I get to spend time with my family and friends and go on holidays together. Usually, these holidays have been planned a long time before summer vacation starts. Hope you guys here enjoy your summer vacation too, have fun and be safe! Post some photos too :)

10. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    This is the first year I am going on a summer vacation in about 18 years! My boyfriend, his best friend, my two daughters, and myself are going to North Carolina. I can not remember the name of the area, but it near Goose Creek. We went there in November for Thanksgiving, and it was beautiful. I am eager to see it in the summer time too!

11. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I'm spending my summer vacation in summer school. Not because I'm failing anything and have to retake it, but because I'm being forced to by my parents to get ahead of everyone else.

12. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    I m going to Greece. I just love the nice weather, the beaches there, the islands, the sun, everything is so perfect. Plus it is rather cheap once you get there. The only thing I can think of right now is having fresh fish at a 'tavern'!

13. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    We are actually planning to go to Seaworld this next week. We love to go yearly if we have the money. We want to do one last fun family trip before school starts this year for my son. He is starting kindergarden and we know after this year we will only be able to go out of town during holidays and summer.

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just before summer started we went to Charlotte, NC during the NASCAR races it was fun for the kids. Before school starts in August I hope to take the kids to Disney in Florida.

15. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    My husband has managed to convince me that I need to take time off, but instead of taking a chunk of time and going on a vacation, we've decided to go to the beach once a week. Officially all day I'm not allowed to do anything work related and just relax. Maybe that's not as glamorous as going somewhere far, but I still get a mini vacation, and I don't have to pay anything for it other than the cost of a train ride ($2.25 each way).

16. mark500

mark500New Member

Threads:
    I recently came from Miami. It’s a wonderful place and we can call it a city of beaches. The beaches are the heart of Miami. My kids liked the zoo and science museum of Miami very much. What about you?

17. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I would not mind taking a road and camping trip to Colorado around the Ouray area and taking a soak in some of natural hot springs. Also do some hiking and camping and check out some of the great wildflowers that grow around there in the summer as well. In this area they did a lot of gold and silver mining also- and you can check out the Bachelor Syracuse Mine there-they call this area- Little Switzerland and it looks like a lot of fun in the summer !

18. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have different types of vacation. First is going abroad which we did 4 times already this year. Second type is a weekend getaway in a beach or pool resort which we did twice already. Third is the camping trip that is usually an overnight activity. For the second and third type, we always go with relatives so our entourage is more than 10 people. Pretty expensive but if the expense is divided among us then it is affordable.

19. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    No holidaying for me not even in the distant future. There are two main reasons. Ever since my accident I have lost confidence travelling with the 'what if' scenario and second we have this pet dog who will miss us terribly. Even when I got out for a while she will yell till I return.
    \
    Have a great holiday.

20. Punkin

PunkinMember

Threads:
    Though summer is winding down, I have one last jaunt planned before fall really sets in. I'll be packing my bags to head out to California for a tour through a popular vineyard soon. I've never had the privilege of a wine tour, before, and I think it's about time! This is the perfect time of year for me since I'm not overly fond of excessive heat. It'll be just right for spending long evenings outdoors with a glass and a good friend.