Suitcase Essentials

Discussion in Travel started by difrancprod • May 4, 2013.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I always pack light. I only bring a few clothes and comfy shoes whenever I travel. Share what's usually in your suitcase, post pictures too if you want. :)

2. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    Like you, I also pack light. The clothes I bring usually depends on my activities but I make sure that the clothes I pack are light fabrics for easy folding. I also do not fold my clothes but I roll them instead. That makes more room for other things I need to bring.I do not bring too much clothes. I pack the right and exact pieces for my activities. If I will be checking-in in a hotel, there is no need to bring bath towel, bath essentials, and slippers for these are provided. But if it is an apartments or guest house I will be staying, I have to bring those. I also bring sunglasses and a hat for sun protection just in case the country I will be going to is in warm season. Camera is a must, and a map.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I also pack light. I just prefer to get clothes from which ever country I am visiting because that way, not only can I have more space to take home said clothing, but at the same time, it helps with blending in a lot better as well. Usually, I'll just bring along some essential clothing enough for one or two days and some medicine for when I get headaches. Everything else, I tend to just buy or get from the place or hotel where I am staying.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I pack very lightly too. I plan my outfits. I decide what I am going to wear on each day. Jersey dresses travel well. I only bring a couple of pairs of shoes too. Basic toiletries and my laptop.

5. BrianWolfe

BrianWolfeMember

Threads:
    I always have a couple of sets of spare change of clothes, underwear, soap, shampoo, my toothbrush and toothpaste. And at least one pair of good walking shoes. Nowadays I bring my laptop with me as well, it makes long-distance communication so much more convenient.

6. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    It really depends on where I am going, but usually, I pack a small suitcase for clothes, and have a carry-on backpack for my laptop, a few books, toiletries, and knick-knacks. I have heard of many people embracing a "pack-light" mentality where they just buy what is needed, and the new fees on baggage has certainly encouraged that, but as I only bring 1 suitcase, and as I usually carry only shorts and t-shirts, I can get away with about a weeks worth of clothing. I also usually travel in comfortable sneakers and carry no other pairs of shoes.