Suggest Me Something For A Boy Of 6 Within $10-20

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Ray1 • Apr 13, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to gift a child for his 6th birthday at the end of this month and my budget is $10-20 depending upon whether I am giving a gift personally or online. I would like to give him something like a toy for his age. I think having a set amount in advance helps us save, and budget well besides preparing in advance. What do you suggest within this budget would be a right choice?

2. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    What do you think of Bayblade? My son who is 5 years old is crazy after Bayblade. I think you can get good ones in 10-20$. Otherwise, you can gift him with any of the outdoor games – football, badminton racquets, tennis racquets etc.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    There are several toys on Amazon in that price range. I liked walkie talkie though as that might be exciting stuff for a kid to play with his mate and you get two in that budget.

You may want to check it out.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought one Transformers Combiner Force (Strong prime) for AU$24 and an army T shirt for $12 (on demand because I asked for his choice) from Kmart store as the store offers the best rates here. I generally did not buy from Kmart but I can assure you that perhaps Kmart is one of the only store that offers things at cheapest price compared to other on/offline stores.
    Thanks for suggestion @anupma he already has more than 10 of them in his collection.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was thinking of an educational toy till I went price shopping online for it, they are expensive! So I went to walmart.com, search plugin toys $10-$20 and there is up to 50 pages to search in! I was so surprised. You know the little child the best. Some children like trucks, some crayons and color book, so I'll let you choose from walmart.com's pages to see what that special little boy would like for his 6th birthday. Good luck and I hope you like window shopping, lol.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I've never been a child too attached to fun stuff like toys (although I obviously had them), I've always preferred something I could remember afterwards. So going to the movies was always one of the best gifts for me.

I hope my tip works. ;)

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit He has not yet gone to a movie in multiplex so far and I am not sure how would he sit there for the entire duration of a movie either. I asked him what was his choice by showing him toy section Kmart's website. He selected few of them and I went to the nearby Kmart store and what he had suggested to me as his choice the only changes I made was I bought the ones which were not as costly.

#7Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  8. Shine_Spirit

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 It really isn't an easily accepted gift for kids these days (it's tricky to have some child stay more than 5 minutes sitting in one single place :p). But apparently you've already been able to solve the problem, right? :)

#8Apr 23, 2017
  9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit Thanks, yes, I managed the whole thing finally. I bought a helicopter that really flies for only $15 and an army T Shirt for $12 on his special request (Australian doller is equal to US$ 0.76 ) so that was well within my budget and everything past smoothly for me and him. :)

#9Apr 24, 2017
  10. Shine_Spirit

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 That's nice! :)

It was a great choice of gifts (and turned out to be more than just one gift after all... which for a child is something great). So, they were well accepted (I mean, the presents)? I hope they have been. :cool:

#10Apr 24, 2017
  11. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Buy him maybe four or five hot wheel cars which each one costs around 1 dollar. Then, with the rest of the budget, buy him a racing track to use the cars on. I used to have something similar and I had a blast playing with them. There are also remote control monster trucks for 15 dollars too you can purchase next time.