Straight Talk W/ Verizon Towers

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by cluckeyo • May 27, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    Last year I was out driving after dark and I had a blowout on a country road. It was pitch dark, there were no houses around and I was stuck there on the side of the road. I whipped out my ATT cell phone. No service! I was really in a pickle. After 10 minutes of stifling worry, I did get one bar on my phone, and amazingly I was able to call home and get help. But it got me thinking that things could have gone so much worse. I made the switch to Straight Talk with Verizon towers. I haven't found a place that I can't use it yet. They have a reputation for coverage anywhere and after this experience, I just want to be as sure as I can be that I can use my phone in an emergency.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Another phone that is good for that is tracfone, for a cheap phone service they have coverage virtually anywhere in the United States because they pick up the signal from any nearby towers. This is the best thing about them. They are easy to use anywhere. It is great never to worry about being in a dead zones.

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Good for you for making the move from AT&T. A lot of people seem to be moving away from the big carriers, because of pricing of the most part. I know Verizon tends to be pretty pricey. It's only common sense that it's better to pay a lot less on networks like Straight Talk, for basically the same service. I've heard the call quality and data speed is pretty much the same, so why not? Glad you've had a good experience with Straight Talk.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How is the customer service with Straight Talk? I had heard it wasn't that great. A friend was recently looking around at deals on cell phones, and almost went with the Walmart Family Plan, but ultimately decided to go with T-Mobile. I've had T-Mobile, Verizon, Net-10 and Sprint in the past. Each seems to have its pluses and minuses, but when I do get another cell phone, it will be a low cost one, but I want to make sure I get one with good customer service.