Storing Flowers

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Decentlady • Dec 15, 2016.

1. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Lots of times we have flowers in huge amount for a function. After the function ends how do you store the flowers like roses?

How can one utilize such flowers in a better way?

Can anyone share tips and tricks so that the cash doesn't go wasted?

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if you will like this idea but I would give them away as gifts. I think you can brighten up someones day with a basket or a simple bouquet of flowers. Flowers are always great gifts for pretty much any occasion.

3. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I know flowers can be very expensive and especially roses. How about you plant them in your garden or put them in a vase and set it outside? That way, it becomes a part of your watering routine and they won't die out so quickly. Then at any time when you need them for any situation, you can dig them out or just pick up the vase and do whatever it is you need to do.

4. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I dry flowers that can be used a herbal remedies. For example, rose is a common flower for decoration. I collect the roses, wash then thoroughly and let them dry. I can use these rose petals to make rose petal tea. Sometimes, I also use fresh rose petals to make rose sherbet.

5. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    If the flowers are in bulk, keep some of them in the refrigerator and take out a few at a time.

The flowers which you take out keep them in a flower vase and change the water of the vase daily. Sprinkle some water on the flowers once or twice a day. And finally, cut little bit of the lower end portion of the stem of each flower everyday which helps to keep the flower fresh for a longer duration.

6. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    You can also preserve it through drying. Dried flowers as used for making bouquets which gives a special antique look. The best part is that it will last for ever if we take care them in the right way. Dried flower business is a growing trend these days and these flowers are very costly which are used during luxurious ceremonies. These flowers are also used to decorate marriage halls.

India is one of the main exporters of dried flowers nowadays. It ensures easy availability of any flower through out the year and Its long lasting quality makes it more demanding.