Stocking Bond Paper

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Alexandoy • Oct 4, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is usually a sale of office and school supplies during the summer season and our company's general services department staff would always go to the bookstores to avail of the sale. The most common item they buy in bulk are bond paper and yellow pad plus white letter envelopes which have the most demand in our office. My question was the storing of the bond paper which can turn yellowish as time goes by. The staff said that they seal each ream of bond paper using thin plastic so air cannot affect the color and the texture. It didn't occur to me that white paper can be stored for a long time with that style.

2. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Our company doesn't buy bond paper and other office supplies from bookstores because no matter how low their prices get during sales season, they aren't as low as the discounted prices we can enjoy from direct suppliers. We buy our requirements on a quarterly basis and they are delivered to our office for free. We never had issues with paper that turns yellowish as we only buy based on our regular requirements.

I don't think, they can turn yellowish in a year's time if the reams of bond paper are not exposed to direct sunlight and are stored in areas with normal temperature. It's not the air that causes the paper to turn yellow so I don't see how thin plastic can help. It is a waste of money to have to buy plastic and a waste of time to seal the reams. Our suppliers deliver the bond paper wrapped in paper and thin plastic as their protection against the elements.

3. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Bond paper seems to be good for most of the memo and the transaction recording. Also it can be good for the notice and other legal stuff. I don't know if I would be keeping a stock of it. I have found out that it can be really hard to even some of the time wasting it. So on that note I can tell you that bond paper has it's benefit. But buying too much of the stock requires some efforts for sure.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    You are right. Paper which is kept for several months usually discolorized due to oxidation, I think. It is good if it is consumed shortly but not too long. Before I retire as a school principal, I used to purchase several reams of bond paper for they never last long for they are used in printing test papers, reports, and handouts for our school seminar/workshops.