So Called Scams That Weren't Scams?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by NinetyEighty1 • Jul 14, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    So, I got to thinking. Have you every came across something online that seemed like it could be a scam but in actuality it was completely legit and you were satisfied with it? I'm sure a good chunk of us have been there. So,have you came across some sort of product or opportunity that you though was a scam but instead it termed out to be truthful with its promises?

2. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I've joined online reward sites that I thought might be a scam but actually do pay out. I read lots of bad reviews about Neobux, mainly those who rented referrals who found they were spending more money on recycling them than earning anything. I think there is probably a way to earn lots of money so it is legit but I only ever managed to cash out from clicking ads there. Renting referrals was a disaster for me and I lost a lot more than I made.

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I am I have come across many sites that I have decided to not use because they seemed like scams. I have learned that some of them are indeed scams while others are actually legit and pay. However, I do not necessarily go back to the sites that turn out to be legit because for some reason they just do not feel like they will work for me. Like, littlewitch66, I tried to rent referrals at Neobux but did not have the luck that some people claim to have with them. After a couple of times, I stopped using them and just stuck with clicking ads to reach cash out. I am sure that some people can make money with them, but I am not one of them.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends how you define 'scam' because it's a company or site that doesn't adhere to the rules they set out. I see a scam site as one that changes the rules frequently, or have the small print in an obscure place that you can't find. I used one site called ShortTask and it did pay out in the end, but I do feel it was bordering on a scam site. Basically they took their email to contact them and the contact form offline, so no one could send queries, and it took nearly three months before I was paid. I only found out with a PayPal notification as well.

These days I look out for tell tale signs such as no contact number, or address, and how long the domain is registered.

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I've never come across any site that contradicted my first impression of it as a scam site. Actually, many sites start out well but their business model eventually turned out to be unrealistic or unprofitable that they turn into scam sites. I always look into that side before pouring my time and energy into an earning/investment site. I also read reviews about a site before signing up. Sites with mostly negative reviews will likely turn out to be a scam but even then, I'd try to see how the good reviews, if any, measure up.

That's what happened when I joined a freelance writing site. Most of the online reviews about it were negative. However, I did see about two positive reviews about it and decided that it sounded legit. I joined the site and my initial impression was right despite the bad reviews from disgruntled 'writers'. The site was definitely legit and although it's an online site, there's a brick and mortar side to it as they have an office and their editors are human beings that you can chat with on the site or on Facebook.

6. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    Usually, my first impression is a correct one and I don't bother to prove right or wrong after that.
    If a majority has a positive outcome by using or buying something, I doubt my impression or experience will be much different.
    IN average I have a very good experience with online ventures.

7. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I have been there and come across a handful of sites which I thought would be a scam later they proved to be wrong. There is no assurance that we won't be scammed after a while but I will always make sure to read a lot of reviews and do a thorough research before trying anything new.

8. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, there are a few sites which I had suspected would be scams but they weren't eventually. But then again there are many sites that start out very well and they gain your trust and confidence only to see them suddenly disappear without warning and you find that you are not paid whatever may be due to you at that time. There are some sites that may have been in existence for a number of years and have been credible in their dealings and there are others which, even though, there may be good reviews about them, you will just hope that they will not just turn out to be unscrupulous.

9. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    There are a ton of sites out there that say you can claim free bitcoins, and since I wanted to collect some, I joined some groups in social media where they share a lot of these sites. Most of them are scams, like the ones that pay too little and the withdrawal amount is enormous. I have a few sites that some people said were scams but I claimed my coins though it took me months before I got them out.