Sms/call Combination

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by remnant • Apr 4, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Daytime especially in the mornings up to the late afternoons happens to be the times when call frequency peaks. Thus rates are expensive than offpeak times when fewer people are calling. The best method of saving on mobile phone bills is to first send a message detailing your query and then calling to notify the recipient of the message. This saves time and money.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am actually using a prepaid plan for the reason that I want to control my mobile phone load expenses. Although it's good to have a postpaid plan where you don't have to worry about running out of load and not being able to contact key people during emergency situation, the disadvantage of getting a postpaid plan is that you tend to go overboard with your data, SMS and calls. I know it's kinda lame but I'd rather be a prepaid subscriber for cost-efficiency's sake.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I seldom use my phone for calling home because it is allowed in the office as a consideration to employees. What I use my phone for is the internet because our office have no wifi and it is not allowed. It is good that I have a plan for my phone so the internet is unlimited. Not to brag but that plan was provided by our company because I requested for it reasoning that I have to be in constant touch with my family - my mother is sick.

4. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    To be fair - I think - it very much depends on which country you live in, what the tariffs are, how often they change - as well as how much you use your phone - as what the cheapest option would be.

Which as we only have a standard tariff - that is extremely high - where I am - regardless of the kind of contract or type of calls - as is the monthly standing charge - I much prefer - as I hardly use my phone for anything other than making and receiving calls - when out and about or staying away from home - to use a prepay plan - as apart from not being able to justify paying an extraordinary high monthly fee for a service I barely use - its very definitely the cheapest and most cost effective option for me.

In fact so much so - that since switching to a prepaid plan some 4 or 5 years ago - the amount I've saved in monthly fees - is really quite significant.