Smartwatches vs regular watches

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Peninha • Apr 7, 2014.

1. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well, this thread was posted last 2014, and 3 yrs. later smartwatches still aren't popular. I think people still prefer the regular, classic watches as compared to the more modern ones. I also have no interest in purchasing a smartwatch, it seems like a waste of money.

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am seriously chuckling at your post, @wallet@wallet ! At 40 years old, you think that you are too old for a smart watch ? My daughter (who is 46, by the way) just got one of the new cellular Apple Watches, and loves it. She bought one back when the first Apple Watch came out several years ago, and then upgraded to the Series 2 when it came out.
    Now that she has the newest one, she gifted me with her older one, which I am wearing, at age 72, and i think that it is the greatest thing ever !
    Do not let age discourage you from getting a smart watch, if you want one. The newer ones are expensive; but if you shop on ebay, you can find an older watch for a very reasonable price.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I still have yet to really understand the point o need in the smartwatch. I get it as a convenience but even then it seems like a hassle to do a lot of the things that would otherwise be pretty easy, but maybe I am wrong here.