Smartphones vs. Desktop Internet Access

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by mxc019 • Oct 29, 2013.

?

How do you access the internet the most?

1. Smartphone/Other Mobile Device

25.0%
  2. Desktop/Laptop

75.0%
  1. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    My desktop takes too long to boot up, and it's kind of an inconvenience. The data speeds on my phone are also substantially faster than the unlimited 'high speed' internet I get from century link. I go to my phone pretty much for everything web related unless I absolutely must use my laptop.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have owned my smartphone for going on six years now, and I would say that I like the independence that being able to access the internet from this device gives me. But even with having the smartphone, and browsing the internet on it, I still spend a hell of a lot of time on my laptop, using the internet. Certain features are not accessible on smartphone, and you are forced to use a desktop or laptop.

3. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I usually do browsing in my Laptop than in my smartphone. Sometimes I find it hard to read the content or an article of a website in my smartphone. Sometime it lags, it hangs and the design is disorganized. Some websites does not worked properly in smartphones or have not adopted yet to smartphone environment.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No I very much doubt desktops and laptops will go obsolete anytime soon. My husband and I work from home; him on the desktop and me on the laptop. We both couldn't do what we do on our phones. I don't actually don't like surfing much on my phone, I find it very cumbersome and not as enjoyable.

5. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I use both my smartphone and desktop. My smartphone is for me to know if I have an incoming mail or anything concerning my online job. As soon as I received a notification that I have an incoming mail, I usually go to my desktop immediately to check it. I find it more convenient and easy to do things in the desktop than in the smartphone.

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely use my smartphone to use the internet at home. Like Lushlala says, I couldn't do my regular work on a smartphone at all. There isn't enough processing power and the screen is too small to be workable. I can't get used to typing on a touch screen either and prefer to use a traditional keyboard.

7. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I use the smartphone when I'm on the go and use my laptop for everything else. It's far more practical to use a laptop for most things, not just word processing uses but also getting quicker internet connection. That said, I wouldn't be without my smartphone.