Sleeping Bags

Discussion in Travel started by remnant • Nov 9, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Sleeping bags are very convenient when travelling especially in remote areas or the wild. There are other contingencies like shortage of cash for proper accommodation or even bed space. Sleeping bags are cheap compared to seeking accommodation in lodgings and have the advantage of covering the user in adverse weather.

2. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. That's why I always travel with one. I also bring my tarp for building my own tent for outdoor camping. I don't bring a tent because it's way to heavy if you're already carrying a 60L baggage. Weather it's a company outing, a family reunion, or a normal social gathering, I always bring my sleeping bag because you'll never know when you'll be needing one.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When we go on a camping trip, we borrow sleeping bags and tent from my brother or from my wife's sister. Why buy when there are 2 of them that can lend us. And the sleeping bag is rarely used so it is not wise to buy. But in fairness to my brother, he bought his tent during the summer sale that comes with a free sleeping bag.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Owning a sleeping bag is a good idea which can be helpful when you have no where or anything to sleep on when going on a trip. I find them fun and convinient on family camping trips. I don't own one but borrow one when ever I need it.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    We commonly bring a long with us sleeping bags when we have an outdoor camping together with our boy scouts. Sleeping bags are handy to carry. You could bring them anywhere and you won't find any problem for your sleeping mat or surface to sleep on. However, some sleeping bags are to costly for the boy scouts to get one. Beside, only one person could be accommodated with sleeping bag. Our boy scouts usually sleep inside the tent.

6. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I bought one from Amazon while i was on a camp tour of Yosemite National Park was bit expensive but i had a good sleep over that night.

7. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    It seems like a lightweight tent and sleeping bag would come in handy at times and maybe a 3 to 4 pound tent would be nice and light to carry with you and they even make some lighter ones I think. These two things that would really come in handy in the right situation sometimes(like a place to sleep that is free) and you can get some good quality ones online(Amazon) I might add.

#7May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  8. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    This is something amazing to have such a charming time as it.