Size Problems With Apparel Made In Asian Countries

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by explorerx7 • Jul 10, 2016.

1. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    There are a large number of online sites that offer apparel from Asian countries and I find that there is this problem of determining the right fit for customers in other regions. Some sites will alert you to the fact that the Asian sizes are much smaller than usual. However, there are others who will not indicate that this is the situation regarding the sizes and when the goods arrive there is a big problem because they won't fit. Have you ever experienced this problem?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This reminds me of a home shopping tv item called jeggings. It is a kind of stretchable jeans that would hide the bulge of the tummy. It is very appropriate for me so I immediately called the number (shown on the tv ad) to inquire on my size. Unfortunately, the person on the other end couldn't give me a firm reply. It is obvious that she has no confidence even after I gave my height and weight to give her at least an idea. She's afraid that the large size may be too large for me and the medium may be small. Until now I still have to buy that jeggings.

3. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    It's because Asian women are petite. The sizing is much smaller than in the US and UK. Some clothing factories don't get that at all, and some consumers from the west don't realize it as well. Factories in business dealings with clothing brands should be specific about larger sizes. Also, you're referring to shopping sites that mainly caters to the smaller frames of Asian women. A medium sized American woman is a larger version of a standard medium sized Asian, so it's a no-brainer that larger women won't fit in Asian clothing.