Single Packs For Pet Flea Treatment

Discussion in Pets started by Diane Lane • May 7, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like to treat for fleas any more than I absolutely have to, and since not everyone has multiple pets, or has pets who go outside and need consistent flea treatment, I wanted to post this.

When you buy topical flea treatments, they are usually sold in packs of at least 3-4 or more, which can get quite expensive. If you only need one treatment, rather than spending the extra money, and having the treatment sitting around and possibly expiring, what I do is go to my local feed store, and buy one treatment. I never knew there was a place that sold individual treatments, so over the years, I've wasted money on flea prevention that's sat unused, then expired, so I wanted to post this, in case it can save someone some money. Be sure to call your local feed store ahead of time, to make sure they have them in stock, and are willing to sell the treatments individually.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    You can often by them in single doses from a vet, too!

Sometimes the vet version is more expensive, but it's usually a higher dose so I don't find the need to re-treat usually.

Also, if you are treating cats, you can use the dog version (sold in larger tubes) and split the dose up for a lesser cost-per-dose.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks, Jessi, I've been buying online or from stores in person for so long, I'd forgotten that they're also for sale from Vets. I wasn't aware of the ability to split up the dose for dogs, so I'll have to check into that!

4. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    That's weird. When I buy Frontline (flea treatment) from our local pet store or vet here in my country, they are sold individually. That's why you won't be forced to buy all of them and spend a lot of money for a flea treatment. Try your vet!