Should I travel for a year?

Discussion in Travel started by kasi • Aug 30, 2014.

1. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm seriously considering taking 2013 out and travelling around Australia for a year or two and i want to again go to the tour...

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What is stopping you? I would do it, but look at what yo could do, some volunteer work with animals or to teach English in between. It is a good way to save on accommodation and to meet locals. I like to travel in six month periods so I can reevaluate where I want to go as once you are on your travels, you may find other ideas and meet people that inspire you to do other things.

The important thing is insurance (medical) and having a round the world ticket. I look forward to seeing your plans.

3. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    You should do it. If you feel it deep within yourself, listen to that voice and just travel. I believe sometimes we always need to go with that strong intuition that's inside of us. There's a reason why the feeling within you is so strong. You might not get the opportunity again as other things may arise to prevent you from taking a year out to simply travel and see the country of your voice. I say go for it!

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd say pack your bags and go and see the world. It helps to organise a work visa beforehand if you can, so that you have extra options. There are many ways of travelling cheap and staying in affordable places, such as camping grounds or National Parks. It's always a good idea to ask other traveller about the best options. I hope you will have a great time. :)

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you have the money and resources to travel for a year, then you should do it. That's a once in a lifetime experience that you'll always remember. If you blog about it and take lots of photos, you might even be able to make a little money from it.

6. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I would go for it. As long as you have the money for it and it doesn't strain you financially down the line it'a a great idea. Traveling to different places and seeing how people live differently than you amd just enjoying the beauty of our world is a wonderful way to spend a year. You'll also discover a lot about yourself and have a lot of stories to tell people.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always dream of the days when I'll be free to travel when I feel like it. Just wake up one morning and decide, I want to be on some beach next week and hop into my car and drive off.

If you have the money to spend for those two years [and you could do an odd job or two anyway, when you feel like it] then hit the road! I would if I were you.

8. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    If you know that it is something that you would like to do, and you have the money and the time to do it right now, then I would say that it is definitely a good idea. When you get older, you may well have a family, and be running and house and expensive car, and this will mean that not only do you not have the money to spending on travelling, but to be frank you wouldn't be able to go if you did because of your responsibilities at home. So make the most of the opportunities that you have while you have the chance, because you will almost certainly regret not taking them in the future.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Sure, why not?

Consider all your options, consider your funding, etc. It's a once-in-a-lifetime experience, but make sure it doesn't set you up for failure (like financially) for the upcoming years.

10. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    There are many bloggers out there who get free accommodation as long as they mention where they stay. Great way to save up on travel expenses and you get extra funds as well if you can monetize that blog.

11. Thrix

ThrixMember

Threads:
    Have the money? Heck yes, do it!

I have a buddy who is now travelling around, and he says it's the best thing that happened to him. I'd probably feel the same, there are so many memories, friendships and adventures waiting all around the world. If you can afford it, go for it.

12. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Each time I read a story about someone who took traveling for a year it's a good story. Most travelers think of this as the best thing that ever happened to them, and they're probably right! If you travel light and sleep by couch-surfing or in cheap hostels, eat no fancy food and work a little here and there you can solve the money problem. As I see it, the one problem a person has when wanting to travel for a year is time. Once you have a family or other duties that keep you locked in place the chances to travel diminish. So if now you have the time and means, do it.

13. daren

darenMember

Threads:
    If you have budget for one year then you should go, but if you dont have, then make a plan that what can you do to earn some money in the country in which you are going. You should go and enjoy as mush as you can.