Should I buy or adopt?

Discussion in Pets started by daimashin • Dec 16, 2013.

1. MichelleVL

MichelleVLMember

Threads:
    I say go for adoption. All the animals (dogs and cats) that have been part of my family, I've adopted. I adopted 1 from a shelter, and the rest I've adopted from the streets. Some were lost and abused and some near starvation. Me and my family helped them recover and created a well-deserved home for them. No living being deserves to suffer. I think that you should research further to see which option is good for you. In the end though your new pet being adopted or bought, will not hinder the ability for your pet to love you, or you to love it back.

2. kamienZen

kamienZenNew Member

Threads:
    It is really worth to adopt pets. It is a great gift for them for Christmas. The best you can ever give!

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Keep an eye out your window, more than likely you'll spot some stray cats passing through your yard on a regular basis. Just start leaving some food out if you spot some, and see if they start hanging around your place more frequently. That way you will get a chance to get closer to them and see if you and them get along well or not. We adopted three strays over the course of two years, all of which were hanging around our house for weeks. We ultimately found out that two of the cats had already been fixed, so that saved us on having to pay to get it done. Apparently some shelters are fixing the cats, then releasing them back into neighborhoods where they feel they may stand a good chance of getting taken in by some household. It worked in our case, lol.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    please decrease the surplus pet population by adopting a pet. There are so many deserving animals who need homes. You can get plenty of nice pets and get the animals that will make your life better, the same time you are making their life better. These are the ways you can get the animals you want to use.

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Unless you want a purebred cat for breeding reasons, I think adoption is a good way to go if you want a pet cat. The cats at the shelters are the ones that need homes the most, and you can find some great pets there. With the invention of smartphones, you can research the cats online while you are there to help you make a decision. I would plan to spend at least a couple of hours at the shelter interacting and watching the cats before you pick one. You will be able to examine their temperaments and this will help you find one that is right for your home.

6. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    You can't go wrong with adoption. There are plenty of cats that are readily available and the best thing is that you'll be taking care of something that is really craving for the love of a human being. The only downside is that they may already have developed some tendencies that won't bode well with you.

7. paleblueskies

paleblueskiesNew Member

Threads:
    Adopt! All my animals are adopted or rescued. Besides one which was given to me as a birthday gift. It's the feeling you get when you give most of the time an older animal a second chance at a better life, and plus i would like to add that most not all commercial pet stores treat there animals very poorly.

8. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    We have just adopted a cat, and there are a number of reasons that this was the best decision for us.

1) Why should we get a smaller cat, just because it's "cuter", when there are other loving animals out there who need a home?

2) The cat was already litter trained, so there has been no mess since adopting her.

3) We didn't have to pay anything for her, so it saved us a lot of money - as she is a fairly expensive breed.