Should Down Time Be Deducted From Phone Bill?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by pafjlh • Feb 24, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, if a service you are paying for is unavailable, you should not have to pay for that service. I know I have had my home bundle (TV, Phone, Internet) bill adjusted for this in the past, but I can't remember if it was with my current provider (AT&T), or Comcast.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My uncle is also like me. If he is not getting the services that he is paying for, he complains. He is with BT though, whereas I am with Virgin Media. When we complain to Virgin Media, they do acquiesce and knock money off of the bill. But when my uncle complained and requested that they knock money off of his BT internet bill, they refused. He is now with Virgin Media.

3. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    Definitely! You are paying for a service, a contract is a two way street, they can not take your money if they are not providing you with a service. I am one of the ones that will complain and get the money knocked off as lately I am getting a bit sick of big companies taking the Mick out of people and thinking they can get away with anything, mentioning no names whatsoever sky. Definitely try and get the money taken off as if you did not pay, they would not provide you with the service. So why should you pay when they are not?

4. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo!Member

Threads:
    Did you complain about it at the billing with your phone and internet server? Usually, our phone company organize a compensation readjustment to our bills. But "down-time" only happened once.