Sellers That Do Not Satisfy The Buyer

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by iamawriter • Jul 12, 2017.

1. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Many sellers are attached to main shopping sites such as Amazon, eBay and others. The terms and conditions protect them and they get away with bad service. I had an issue recently. I took up the issue with the top management. No doubt I will get a refund but I want that seller out of their fold. I am working on that.
    Buyers must not be taken for a ride as the shopping line benefits more from sellers.

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I am glad you got a refund and hope that seller really gets out of the Amazon or Ebay system or where ever you had the problem to prevent bad service to other buyers. I have not purchased anything from those two sites because I am afraid to get scammed or get bad customer service. I instead prefer shopping from different online stores that are well known but it is difficult when I can't find what I need from them.

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I am sorry that you had such a bad experience with the seller. I try to look for and deal with sellers who have 100% ratings. I will not buy from someone under 98%. I know it is hard to keep ratings high especially when you are a large seller but if they can then I feel that I am getting the best experience and will have little problem with them. I think it is so much more frustrating to deal with a problem with an online seller than it is if you have a problem with a traditional store. Sending items back is more hassle than returning them to the store and getting your money back. I hope you get your problem resolved and that the seller is dealt with appropriately.

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    True. Being a buyer/customer, we all want to have the best service possible and make sure that every penny spent is worth it. Whenever I shop online, I see to it to read reviews and feedbacks of a certain seller before deciding to purchase from him/her. Asking for refunds and returning products is a huge hassle for customers and even if the products have been replaced or you got a refund, still you've got your time wasted. That's what I hate most when purchasing products from untrusted sellers, not only online but offline as well.

5. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    It's good that you took the issue up with top management, that way the seller does not think that he/she/they are getting away with providing bad service and no one is going to take them to task about it. I think that some people who provide bad service have done so for a long time, but find that many people will not report them for that bad service because it is too much of a hassle. People are busy; so sometimes it seems easier to let the bad service slide and wash your hands of the situation. I think the more people report bad service, the better the service will be. Hopefully that seller will change their ways, start doing the right thing, and provide people with the service they pay for, otherwise that seller might not be in business much longer.

6. Merissa

MerissaNew Member

Threads:
    That happens all the time on Amazon, I hope you got your refund for bad service. I normally read the customer reviews on a product before making a decision and I see tons them talking about the faulty products being sold to them. Sometimes the online sellers who provide those products don't show enough pictures of the products that they are selling, some even use fake pictures to display on the site. This doesn't help foster customer integrity, if customers can't trust what is being sold to them.

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I quite agree with the motion those sellers who aren't meeting up to the good and trusted services buyers expect should be removed selling on the sites. I sometime do think in this line when looking up items at Amazon for purchase, always skeptical not to have a bad deal as a few sellers may hide under the good and reputable name of such shopping sites to sell substandard items.

8. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't purchased anything from Amazon yet, but I know if you dispute the transaction in Ebay then they will always side with the buyer. If the seller in Amazon has shady practices and terms and conditions, then it is just right that you report them and maybe even write a review about that in Amazon so other people can be aware of it.

9. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    @kamai@kamai It is not easy to get them out of their system. But I will be at it until the seller gets banned. I went through the reviews and found one more similar case which I want to highlight. The shopping sites lose when they ban sellers and that is what I have to fight out.

@morgoodie@morgoodie In my craving to taste those rare dates I did not look at the sellers ratings. Now that I am in the process of attempting to ban him I checked and there is yet another buyer who has had a similar experience but not many are proactive like me, sadly.

@Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail Fortunately, since I took a different route, in that I contact management directly and in a matter of a few days I got a confirmation that I will get my refund and also I need not return the stuff. But I am trying my level best to ban him. To my shock I see him selling another 5 of those!!!!

#9Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2017
  10. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    He should really get banned for what he did and it's really surprising that he can still post items after what he did. Is he still using the same account and did you see any reviews about his products? They should've deleted his account after what you've reported so he won't be able to victimize other potential buyers.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a similar experience about 5 months before but I followed it strongly. Generally it happens with associate sellers but since they are attached to main site and the site's reputation is at stake so the site does everything to keep its customers faith intact. In my case it was Amazon India. The site did everything right although it took me 4 direct chat sessions with their executives. Finally the they refund in my bank, compensated with equal amount in my account and finally the item arrived at my residence (but I could not use as I intended to use it).

12. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 My refund is organised but I will not rest till this guy gets a ban. I checked and he is still there. Strange that these main sites are hesitant to take action despite reporting. I checked his reviews and earlier to mine there is a similar complaint. It could be a long drawn process but I will be at it.

@Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail Yes he is using the same account with impunity. Must be a well established seller and sos the main site is hesitant to take action. What they are doing is wrong. I am trying to get the phone number of the country manager and speak to him. Wonder if I will be connected. keeping my fingers crossed.

#12Jul 14, 2017
  13. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Even so, they should still banned him or suspend his account for what he did. If he's really an established seller then he should have been extra careful with his transactions and he should also make sure to provide quality service. I'm also having problems in getting a full refund from a company from which I bought our washing machine. It's a brand new yet it's defective and it's been a stressful experience for me to report every single time I use their defective item. It's so terrible! :mad:

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @iamawriter@iamawriter As far Amazon is concerned they keep their sellers interest in front of customers and that I am saying with my personal knowledge as one of my close relative is direct seller of Amazon. If you look at other sites like Flipkart etc they always keep customers first. But now Amazon facing serious competition in India from local players they will have to change their policies too.

15. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 I thoroughly enjoy dealing with Amazon. They never debate nor argue if I have an issue with them. They are always ready to refund or replace. I was happy with eBay earlier but these days I come across situations that take a lot of time. This time it is not the refund issue. They have resolved it already but as I said earlier I am after them banning that seller.

#15Jul 15, 2017
  16. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    If the seller continues to make mistakes and give bad service then I think it is better for them to be ousted out. But each seller should be given a chance to prove themselves. We can all make mistakes especially if we are having a bad day.

If a seller continues to give bad service though, then Amazon and eBay should ban those sellers. Those sellers who give a bad service reflect badly on Amazon and eBay so it really should be up to them to sort out the problem and ban those bad sellers.

17. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    @janemariesayed@janemariesayed I agree with you. Just getting a refund is not enough and that is how buyers have carried on. The moment they get a replacement or a refund they think all is well. I am in touch with the site and they have assured that they will escalate this issue further.

#17Jul 16, 2017
  18. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    @iamawriter@iamawriter That is the problem I think! That bad sellers think that it doesn't matter. A refund may be necessary in some cases. Say for example the goods arrived damaged. That may not be the seller's fault but if they give a refund or replace it then that is good service.

Those kinds of scenarios don't happen all the time though and Amazon and eBay should be employing staff to keep a check on sellers.

#18Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017