Selective Tour Package

Discussion in Travel started by Alexandoy • Feb 3, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Selective tour package is not availing of the standard package. Take for instance our recent trip to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia. Their most popular tour package is island hopping to 5 islands. But upon closer scrutiny, the islands are almost all the same. Instead of the package, we took just one island. It is a short boat ride. We waded in the beach and had lunch in the island's eatery. Done.

Back at the hotel, some tourists said that it was not worth the package since they only stayed a short time in each island. And then... see one and you've seen them all.

2. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Agree!
    There's no point in spending money on repetitive site seeing. However, the problem sometimes arises when there's no package available for selective tour destinations. Tourism companies keep the packages in such a way that they could make a reasonable profit from each of them. At times, customers are left with no other option but to avail one from the lot.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I so agree with you. It happened to me when I had visited a certain destination and I got fed up going through similar structures day in and day out. Infact, I quitted and decided to go explore elsewhere. I always avoid packages and prefer target oriented tours.